PDA

View Full Version : Jackson DK2M

marnold
June 17th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I was in a GC yesterday and saw that they were blowing out a new Jackson DK2M in inferno red. Not sure why--I don't think the red sold that well for whatever reason. They originally were going for $600-700 and the new 2009s are $100 more than that. Here's the info on Jackson's site (http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Dinky-Body&page=1&product=2911005803). It's got the 24 frets and maple fretboard I like. It's slightly pointy. It's got the JB/Jazz pickup combo. The only issue is that I'd probably have to sell my Floyd at least to get it.

Why am I even considering this? I'm nervous about the continuing supply of Speedloader strings. One guy on the Floyd forums has been trying to get some since spring and they keep pushing the date of availability back. I know it seems kind of stupid given all that I've put into this thing, but a guitar with no strings is, well, pointless. I'd have to lose the Screamin' Demon because the pickups are the only things giving that guitar value right now, methinks. If push came to shove, I could buy a new one.

Thoughts?

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I like the looks of the Jackson, and actually think I would like the red finish the best.

mrmudcat
June 18th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I have one in the erie dess!!:D

Jimi75
June 18th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Looks like a great guitar! That design brings up a ton of memories....

marnold
June 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I have one in the erie dess!!:D
Really? I wouldn't have imagined that being your style. I thought of you as more of a "Les Paul and a cloud of smoke" kind of guy. What do you think of it?

mrmudcat
June 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The boys like it the neck is fast fast..............got it because I love the erie dess swirl!!;)

sunvalleylaw
June 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I want to say I think it looks like a good, quality musician's tool to me. I think it sounds like a good value, if you like the feel of it in your hands. And I love the look.

mrmudcat
June 18th, 2009, 10:15 AM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9775/imgp0013.jpg

Mine I forgot is h/s/s:rotflmao: The brown on the saddles is not rust ,just photographed that way:D