PDA

View Full Version : Highway One Strat

MAXIFUNK
June 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
OK FOLKS I am looking for feedback information on this axe The Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster.

Owners and guys/gals who have played one did you love it, hate it,
would you recommend it. I am looking for my !st Strat so please tell me what you think!

Cheers,
Maxifunk

MAXIFUNK
June 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
OK FOLKS I am looking for feedback information on this axe The Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster.

Owners and guys/gals who have played one did you love it, hate it,
would you recommend it. I am looking for my !st Strat so please tell me what you think!

Cheers,
Maxifunk

Oh yeah I have one of these on hold Limited Edition Stratocaster with Direct-Mount Pickups ( the one with the 60th anvi. tag on the neck).

May get both but 1st I need to try out a Highway 1.
So, please tell what you think of the Highway 1.

Robert
June 18th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I like it. I almost bought one, but opted for the Deluxe Players instead, mostly because it has noiseless pickups. Try both and see which one you prefer.

sunvalleylaw
June 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I agree, try then buy. I tried a Highway One when I shopped for my strat, along with the 60th Ann. one I did get (see pic in Avatar), and some other std. MIM's. I went with the 60th because is was brighter, but that was my taste. The H1 was a nice guitar too. But I would look at the CV squiers as well if you are shopping for a first strat. Most here seem to like the 50's but I like the looks/sound of the 60's at least in the clips I listened to. They are supposed to be excellent for the money and on par with most MIMs.

mrmudcat
June 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I bought one in sunburst and I love mine .....the simple paint has the look I like........sound is nice and mine is staying stock........the newer highways have better tonal range and is updated with a few extras like better trem block I think but not sure;)

hubberjub
June 18th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I like the Highway 1 series a lot. It's a much better value than the American Standard series. Don't expect it to play like a vintage Strat though. They have a fairly flat radius and HUGE frets.

Jimi75
June 19th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Played one that blew me away! I was only steps away from buying it, when the offer for my Marshall came. You can't go wrong with the Highway 1 Strat. It is a great instrument.

guitartango
June 19th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Mine is a 2006 model and i love it, the only thing i upgraded was the pickups to
Bareknuckle Apache pickups. Nice guitar.

Bilsdragon
June 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Max, I recently bought a blem model in the hss format. I don't know why it was a blem, all I could find was the plastic removed from the covers. I don't think you could go wrong with that guitar. I got the flat black, but changed to black pick guard and back cover. I love the way the guitar resonates thru my body while playing. The only other guitar that I've owned that resonates like that is my Elitist LP. The frets are big, but so am I. The bridge pick-up is way hot and works great for heavier songs and the middle pick-up has no tone control and sounds like a hendrix type tone thru my Crate V18 with a modded tube screamer. Best $600 I've spent. Check out the blacK out looks with the rosewood board. I like how the pick guard is shiny, but the paint is flat. The upper bout is starting to polish up nice from my forearm.

http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1094

markb
June 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM
They're good. You can shine them up if you don't like the matt finish. They come out looking like a Custom Shop "thinskin".

Link to polishing discussion (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/116936-made-my-highway-1-strat-finish-glossy.html)

MAXIFUNK
June 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
I went to GC Friday after work and I played the Highway one, the Deluxe players, & American Standard. I did not plug them in i wanted to just see how they felt in my hands. If had the dough i would buy all 3. LOL
the Sienna Sunburst is off the charts cool looking AXE.

But for now since I have short stubby fingers I think I am going with the highway 1 and take advantage of GC's no payment no intrest for a year and pay it off in 6 or 7 months. Hell I might get a tele highway 1 while I'm at it.

Thanks for all the feed back.
I am new to this site but I really to like the vibe of the folks who post on here.
Informative, honest, & no ego madness. Even though I know a lot of the guys here have been jamming for years they take the time to respond to a new player like myself. :AOK:

Highway-one
October 13th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I love mine it sounds devine but id rather have an american standard but pprobably because I dont so much like getting used to my guitars i like to get newww ones ha ha

bigG
October 13th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Excellent guitar, especially for the price!