PDA

View Full Version : Gig tonight for care takers

Robert
June 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM
An organization in town which operates a wide range of homes and services for older, disabled and vulnerable people are having a staff party tonight.

We are the entertainment! :D

I will use my minimal set up because of ease of transportation, plus these older people aren't too concerned if I use a 2x12 cab or not! :) We'll mostly be background music anyway...

I'll use my Reverend Hellhound, my Squier Tele and my MK Patriot Shadow and pedals. My Pedaltrain 2 is filled with various yummy pedals... The Octafuzzy (built by DuhVoodooMan) has a found a good home on my pedal board. :AOK:

I will leave the Suhr at home this time for a change. I use it when I play for a crowd who really wants to hear my guitar sound good! We're playing outside tonight too.

I'll try and video film the gig this time. We have a different drummer this time who doesn't know our tunes at all... should be interesting! :D We have not had even one rehearsal either, in usual fashion. Maybe that's why I don't play the lottery - every gig is big time gambling. :rockon:

Jimi75
June 19th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Good to see how you exchange guitars from gig to gig. I do it the same way, I try to do justice to my guitars. One Strat gig, one Paul gig. I think supporting such beneficial events is a great thing. Although if there are no "musicians" in the audience you will be an important part. Good luck for the gig Robert.

bigG
June 19th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Best of luck, Robert! Having a "cold" drummer should be interesting! :D

Look forward to the vid!

Robert
June 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
It was a night with fantastic weather. Sun all evening long!

I won't have time to look at the video until I get back from the K-100 relay next week.

We had a tiny PA and the drummer played electronic drums. I doubt our sound was very good, plus we had many mistakes in playing the tunes...but in case we had a few good moments, I'll share them!

markb
June 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Where I come from a caretaker is what Americans would call a janitor. The title of this thread had me picturing your audience in overalls leaning on brooms :D

Brian Krashpad
June 23rd, 2009, 05:18 AM
Where I come from a caretaker is what Americans would call a janitor. The title of this thread had me picturing your audience in overalls leaning on brooms :D

No, we usually call janitors janitors. Or maybe a "custodian" if we're trying to be a little more PC.

Robert, glad to hear it went well. Were these cover tunes?

Robert
June 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Yeah, our usual cover tunes. We play the same old songs we did 5 years ago... because we never rehearse and pick up anything new. Kinda pathetic. In July, we have a blues gig, so the plan is to pick up some "new" blues tunes for that gig.

I haven't looked at the video footage yet, but if there's a few seconds where it sounds decent, I might post it.