PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say hi

tiefnig
August 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
So, I'm new here and I want to tell a little about myself. My name is Nick and I live in germany.
I'm 17, and I have been playing for a couple of years. I play in a school rock/metalband that now has gone beyond the school thing and plays gigs in public because we get along so good. music connects :)
I play strats because I can get the sound I want out of them and they inspire me. Hendrix influenced me the most I think, when a friend brought over the woodstock DVD was when I started to realize that I really wanted to play guitar.
At first Kurt Cobain of Nirvana made me start off and today its always getting heavier (more metal, Metallica is really cool) but I still love to play the blues.
Our band will have a homepage soon so I can post gigpics and so on.
I play a MIM strat and a squier strat (in the squier section).
I have a Behringer V-ampire right now and I would sell everything else for a tube combo right now, so I'm saving on that.
I hope we all get along and I really like it here.

PS: Robert, you rock, and yes, I am a fan :)

oldguy
August 13th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Hello, Tiefnig! Glad to have you on board! Sounds like you have some good equipment. I'm from the midwest (Missouri) United States. Glad you like it here and, yes, we all do get along. :D Great group of fretters on this site!
Oldguy

Robert
August 13th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks tiefnig! Welcome to the Fret.Net - the friendly place for guitar and bass addicts! You'll like it here. Most of us here are Hendrix fans too (can you play electric guitar and not be a Hendrix fan?)...

what tube combo are you getting? The H&K 20th edition tube amp is one you should check out - I haven't tried it myself but ts808 on this forum digs it, and somebody else also recommended it to me.

tiefnig
August 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'm getting this http://www.thomann.de/de/engl_thunder_50_e320_gitarrencombo.htm
or this http://www.thomann.de/de/hugheskettner_switchblade_50_combo.htm
But it will take very long until I have the money, but I'm still trying different ones out, thanks for the tip robert.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Gutten Tag Tiefnig.... and welcommen,,er i hope thats right, been a little while since i flunked german ..anyway cool to see you here , Kurt Cobain inspired alot of your generation to pick up the guitar , glad too see you've broadened your horizons musically , Jimi is a total inspiration to most of us and at 17 you've got lots of time to be inspired , i wish I had the opportunity to access a forum such as this one when i first started out , it would have made it a little easier without doubt .. i hope you enjoy it here and am looking foreward to the pics of your band .... 6S9L

Spudman
August 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Welkommen auch. Heir ist ein bestest platz.

Let us know how we may be of service and rock on bro.

warren0728
August 14th, 2006, 08:06 PM
welcome.....nice to see some more young blood on thefret!!

ww

TS808
August 14th, 2006, 08:09 PM
So, I'm new here and I want to tell a little about myself. My name is Nick and I live in germany.
I'm 17, and I have been playing for a couple of years. I play in a school rock/metalband that now has gone beyond the school thing and plays gigs in public because we get along so good. music connects
I play strats because I can get the sound I want out of them and they inspire me. Hendrix influenced me the most I think, when a friend brought over the woodstock DVD was when I started to realize that I really wanted to play guitar.

Welcome Nick! Strat player here too as well as a Hendrix fan. Purple Haze was one of the first songs I probably learned.

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Willkommen zum der fret.net ! :)

duhvoodooman
August 15th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Willkommen, Tiefnig. I've got a few years on you, but I love the blues, Strats & Hendrix, too. Piece of advise--listen to lots of SRV! He was into those 3 things, as well! ;) :DR