PDA

View Full Version : ROY CLARK and his band.

street music
June 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Yes ROY CLARK from Hee Haw! The wife and I went to see Roy and his band in concert tonight. It was great! Some of the best pickin and playing you could imagine. This young guy , JUSTIN DAVID, who is part of his band did a few of his own and can play a mandolin like you won't believe. Great show of country and bluegrass music.

Katastrophe
June 21st, 2009, 05:30 AM
Roy Clark can play. I watched Hee Haw for years growing up. Sounds like a fun show!

Kazz
June 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM
Roy Clark and Buck Owens were comic relief on Hee Haw....it is too bad when I was younger I really didnt appreciate the guitar and banjo chops of Roy Clark.

street music
June 21st, 2009, 07:16 AM
Yes, ole Roy can still burn it up on the guitar and about anything else he picks up. I really enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. He is still funny and committed to making his fans happy, he signed one of my wife's 45's for her.

bigoldron
June 27th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Roy Clark and Buck Owens were comic relief on Hee Haw....it is too bad when I was younger I really didnt appreciate the guitar and banjo chops of Roy Clark.

Why Roy's picking was the main reason I watched Hee Haw. Well, that and all those scantily clad young ladies. :D

Here's my favorite, Nurse Goodbody:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/bigoldron/heehaw.jpg

And here's a young lady who'd definitely qualify:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd81/bigoldron/karenlynn056zf.jpg

street music
June 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Ron that sure is a country girl, I can tell she has worked so hard.

bigG
June 28th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Another "Roy Clark" - like picker is Glen Campbell. He can play, too!!!! In fact, he was a studio rat before hooking up w The Beach Boys in the original w/o Brian Wilson touring band. I saw them live in abt 1966 w Campbell on guitar and backing vocals.

And, I never missed HeeHaw when it was on. Ol' Junior Samples was the definition of a real hoot!

bigoldron
June 28th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Campbell was indeed a great player. And yes, I never missed Hee Haw either. I found the video last night on Youtube of "Pht, you were gone" and of Archie Campbell telling the "Renderceller" story - both classics. :D

Rocket
June 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Another Hee Haw "Campbell" alum Archie Campbell... "That's Good-That's Bad" is one of the consistantly funny bits I've heard him do:

KP2h1gJcsHU