PDA

View Full Version : Video of my band...

Lev
June 22nd, 2009, 05:08 AM
doing a cover of Let's Dance by David Bowie. Sound quality is pretty bad as the bass caused the camcorder Mic to distort quite a bit.

I since did a bit of research and and it seems this is a common problem with most low/mid range camcorders. Next time I might try to record the audio seperately on my Micro Br and match the video/audio up afterwards.

uGMovry8_8o

Jimi75
June 22nd, 2009, 05:29 AM
You've chosen the wrong forum. This must be put under the thread "bands with singing drummers" :rotflmao:

Great video, although the sound quality is not the best I hear that it sounds awesome plus this is not an easy song to cover!!!!!

Watch your yt account, I'll drop a comment there, too.

Lev
June 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words Jimi!

Spudman
June 22nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
That sounded great Lev (groove and playing). Nice tones from the HRDX. At least the TV wasn't on behind you.

hubberjub
June 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Nice job man. I wouldn't dare give my band's drummer a mic.

sunvalleylaw
June 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
That sounded great Lev (groove and playing). Nice tones from the HRDX. At least the TV wasn't on behind you.

Yeah, I really respect and admire your rhythm playing (from here and other of your youtube vids) and playing in general. Thanks for posting it!

bigG
June 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Very good, Lev! Nice command of the fretboard! :bravo:

M29
June 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Awesome Lev!!! Good to hear you playing. Nice job very nice indeed:rockon:

M

Lev
June 23rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying playing in this band. It's very relaxed but we take the music seriously and try to get as close as possible to the original songs that we do.

I know playing cover songs isn't for everyone but I'm enjoying the challenge of adapting songs like Lets Dance for a 3 piece without comprimising the overall sound and feel of the song.

Thanks agian for the kind comments guys!

Algonquin
June 27th, 2009, 06:25 AM
That was great Lev :bravo:
I really enjoyed that :AOK:

pes_laul
June 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Just curious but is your drummer the lead singer always or do you guys just switch it up?

oh yeah googd job bro :beer:

Lev
June 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks again guys for the comments. Yeah our drummer does all the lead vocals, which is actually pretty cool coz people remember us as the band with the singing drummer.

Kazz
June 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Lev...

Thanks for the share....one thing you can try is using an external microphone...those internal mics on the mid level cam corders are not very good which causes the distortion you have. It definitely worked for me....I also turned the volume down to about 75%...it helps.

street music
June 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Nice cover!