PDA

View Full Version : My post No. 2000 is dedicated to...

Jimi75
June 22nd, 2009, 05:24 AM
Les Paul and Leo Fender!

I'd like to express how incredibly precious the gift is they gave us. The guitars both have created changed everything in popular music, which means that their influence changed our lives, too. Part of your everydaylife is influenced by Les and Leo. Picking up a Strat type guitar or a LP type guitar....thanks to the gentleman above. Recording some multitrack or putting some reverb to your sound.....thanks to Les.

The past four weeks made me change my mind a little bit on that whole "I'm a Tele guy, I'm a Les Paul guy" type of thing. I considered myself a Strat player and the Les Paul type of ESP guitar I owned was a more or less welcome change. Now that I own my real Gibson Gold Top I feel that this guitar bears a deep and important heritage just like the Fender and to me both are equal now, they value the same and both have their own beauty in looks and sounds. Reading the history of Leo and Les and watching the documentary "The Les Paul Story" showed me that it is not right to limit myself to the Strat or Paul guy. Had Leo or Les limited themselves, the guitarworld would be a lot poorer and not as colourful as we know it now.

So my post no 2000 is a deep THANK YOU to Leo and Les!

0HI_5LEOC_c
JBmUQcQdIeI

sunvalleylaw
June 22nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Cool Jimi! Great to have you around and I sure appreciate all I have learned from you and all the encouragement you have given us newbs. Thanks!

BTW, nice Eddie the Eagle avatar! :AOK:

SharkUSMC
June 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Good choice for a milestone post. Congrats on your prolific presence and meaningful contributions here.

bigG
June 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Very good, Jimi. Well said and amen.

Pickngrin
July 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
VERY cool clips. Thanks for posting them.

Anyone notice the narrator state that LP invented the "single body electric guitar"? ;-)