PDA

View Full Version : We finally sold our apartment!

Jimi75
June 23rd, 2009, 03:01 AM
It's done! Our broker called us today and congratulated us. We sold our apartment, that we had bought when we were young (too young).

Unfortunately it's too small for a family with two kids. As you can imagine the market is pretty down worldwide and we knew it was going to be a challenge.

It feels strange right now, we have to realize that a period of almost 10 years is about to end pretty soon. The good thing is that new doors open right now. Maybe a small house, maybe a larger apartment...who knows.

One thing is definite though - we will have to move and this means stress. Until october we have to leave. I try to convince myself and to see this as positive stress. ;)

I bet most of you have made similar experience.
If you have any input or good advice, I'd welcome it a lot, if you crossed your fingers for us, I'd welcome that, too :)

J75

street music
June 23rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
You got it JIMI, good luck with the changes upcoming. The wife and I would like to downsize from the property we have now but can't find anything that we both like. Maybe you will get lucky and find that perfect home for all to enjoy.

Kazz
June 23rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
at least you have until October....here properties usually close in 30 days. Now that is stress.

Robert
June 23rd, 2009, 07:18 AM
Hope you find a nice little house for your family and your gear.

birv2
June 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Congratulations on the sale!

We just moved last November, and it was the opposite of yours --we were doing a major downsize as our kids have all grown. So lots of jettisoning of stuff. But you're right, a move is stressful. Wish I had some advice for you -- maybe just enjoy the ride! And I'm sure once you get a bigger place, you'll feel less stressed.

Just make sure you can play the guitar there! We moved into an apartment which severely limited the volume.

Best of luck and let us know how it's going,
Bob

sunvalleylaw
June 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Congrats Jimi! I guess my advice is accept the change, be grateful for the time in your first home, and make plans for your family's future with an eye in that direction. My wife and I started in a small "Craftsman" style home that we loved, but it was obvious it was too small for the long run, and not in the right neighborhood. Plus we then moved to Idaho. I still miss that old house a little, but I love where we are more. The adventure continues . . . :AOK:

bigG
June 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Good for you and the family, Jimi! In this economy, that's quite an accomplishment!

ibanezjunkie
June 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
nice one man!

in this economic climate, its hard enough to sell pet food (what my dads company do) let alone sell your apartment.

:beer:

makesure you have a nice big garage or somewhere so you can crank your amps and temporarily deafen yourelf, now that is FUN. :rotflmao:

evenkeel
June 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
congrats on the sale. :bravo:
In our 18 years together Mrs. Keel and I have bought and sold five different houses plus the boat we lived on. We now split our time between a condo (own) and a small cottage (rent). Selling and moving out of any of them was always a bit stressful, sometimes a bit of heartache, but always resulted in new adventures and new opportunities. Once we got our furniture and other personal stuff (guitars of course) situated in the new house it always felt like home very fast.

Of course if real estate in Germany is anything like what's going on in many parts of the US it's a buyers market. Hopefully you'll find something perfect for you and the family.

tjcurtin1
June 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the sale, Jimi! - now there's the moving... It's probably my least favorite activity in life! The good part is, if you have the stomach for it, you can get rid of tons of junk that has accumulated over the years that you really have no use for - that can be liberating! But moving still stinks. Good luck finding a great new home - and with the moving part...

Rocket
June 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
...now there's the moving... It's probably my least favorite activity in life!
Only one thing worse... helping someone else move!