PDA

View Full Version : Campfire Sing-a-long songs

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Heading out next month to family camp at the beach like we do every year. Though typically there is a burn ban on when we get there anymore (outside fo Seattle, and by that time in the summer, fire and air quality issues), we still sit around on the porch at night and do some git playing and singalong stuff. The songs usually are along the lines of Cat Stevens, Neil Young, American Pie, maybe Bare Naked Ladies (If I had a million dollars), Shake it Up Baby, stuff like that. I want to bring a coupla new songs this year ready to go. One I was thinking of that seems to have lots of playing possibilities is this:

Rainbow song:

qkPismjWON8

G.Love is coming here in a few weeks by the way. :AOK:

And for later at night when things are more sarcastic:

S5puAN1PGQw&feature=related

I love this vid, though that one chord sounds funny to me. This was a law school late night anthem.

Can anyone suggest a couple others? David Algonquin was working on some acoustic Beatles that might be good, and I would like to learn more that folks might like to sing along to. Thus, they should be songs folks know, or can pick up quickly. I might be stretching it with the above, but I still want to learn them anyway. :D

Heywood Jablomie
June 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Moonshadow

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Yep, that is one of the Cat/Yusuf ones, along with Wild World, already in resident git player's (my buddy Dave has done it for years) mix. I am going to learn his mix along the lines as I noted above, and would like to bring some new stuff.

Heywood Jablomie
June 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Anything by Jimmy Buffett. I wasn't much of a JB fan until I started jamming with a new friend a couple years ago, and he's a big JB fan. His lyrics are just excellent and the songs easy to learn.

tunghaichuan
June 25th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Anything by Jimmy Buffett. I wasn't much of a JB fan until I started jamming with a new friend a couple years ago, and he's a big JB fan. His lyrics are just excellent and the songs easy to learn.

My wife's a big JB fan. She dragged me to a concert against my better judgement, and I had a great time. He puts on a great show and looks like he's having blast. The drunken dumba$$es in the audience were entertaining as well. :D

tung

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Hmm, I already know Maragritaville, and (one of the first songs I learned), and Brown Eyed Girl (I know it is VanMorrison)and I like some other JB a lot. Son of a Son, maybe Fins, Cowboy in the Jungle, (that one is harder for singalong, no one knows the words). Yeah, those are good easy ones to add for sure. I also want to add a few that get me out of the Buffett/Van DDUUD strumming patterns. Maybe a coupla Beatles or an acoustic blues too.

Good suggestions so far.

The drunken dumba$$es in the audience were entertaining as well. :D

tung Sir, I believe you mean "Parrotheads"! ;)

piebaldpython
June 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Sing-along, huh?? How about Teach Your Children by CSN&Y?? The boys have lots of good songs. The EAGLES (the group, not the IGGLES football team; :D ) have lots of good tunes you can warble to.

Wait a week and PM Shiner and CB as they are probably singing all over Bermuda this week. They should have lots of good suggestions. :beer:

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM
CSNY is good, though I will have to sing an octave down. I have to do sing low on NY stuff too. I know some Eagles already too. (Peaceful Easy Feeling) Better dust that one off.

Spudman
June 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Row Your Boat
1. House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
2. Let It Be - The Beatles
3. Ain’t No Sunshine - Bill Withers
4. Time of your Life - Green Day
5. Blowin’ in the Wind - Bob Dylan
6. Our House - Crosby, Still Nash & Young
7. Don’t Dream It’s Over - Crowded House
8. Something Inside so Strong - Labi Siffre
9. Love Song - The Cure