PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson dead at 50

Spudman
June 25th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff
We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
CNN is not saying he has died yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html EDIT: CNN now confirms it.

The whole Michael Jackson story is sad to me. As a kid, I watched his early stuff which I enjoyed very much with the Jackson 5 on TV. His adult life, or what I know of it from the news, is sad. I wish him and his family the best.

hubberjub
June 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I just opened AOL and they report that he died after suffering cardac arrest. Crazy.

Jimi75
June 25th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I am watching CNN and it has not been confirmed. He's in a coma. My prayers go out to MJ tonight. I hope he's gonna make it.

sunvalleylaw
June 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Jimi, CNN just updated and confirmed his death. Again, my prayers and condolences go to his family, and prayers for him. Very sad.

Farrah Fawcett also today, lost her battle with cancer. My prayers and condolences to her family and her as well. A sad day in the entertainment industry.

Robert
June 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Sad and surprising news. My condolences to both families.

R_of_G
June 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Very sad for the Jackson family. Whatever some (myself included) may feel about the man's personal life, he was still someone's brother and son and father and for those people, this is a very difficult time.

Jimi75
June 26th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I was watching CNN until they confirmed Michael's death, which was 01:40h in the night here in Germany. Michael Jackson is the perfect example of how "deadly" the cocktail of social predjudices, a bad childhood, not accepting yourself and of course our "best friend" the media can be. I feel very sorry for his friends and family, for his fans and for the man himself who never seemed to be happy, who helped a bunch of people, who had his crazy moments, but who was a genious of a musician! I think no one of my generation can deny not having been fascinated in the 80's by his music, videos, dancing and live performances. May he rest in peace and find his freedom.

MYx3BR2aJA4

Rx Tone
June 26th, 2009, 04:07 AM
IMichael Jackson is the perfect example of how "deadly" the cocktail of social predjudices, a bad childhood not accepting yourself and of course our "best friend" the media can be....

Specifically which "deadly" "social prejudices" are you referring to and how did they affect him? Was he underprivileged?..discriminated against?

What about his childhood was "deadly"?

What did "the media" do to him that was "deadly"?

...he died of a heart attack...Social prejudice didn't kill him, "Bad childhood" didn't kill him..(Define what you mean by "bad childhood"),
"not accepting himself" (whatever that means) didn't kill him, and "the media" didn't kill him.
It was just a heart attack.

Jimi75
June 26th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Specifically which "deadly" "social prejudices" are you referring to and how did they affect him? Was he underprivileged?..discriminated against?

...he died of a heart attack...Social prejudice didn't kill him, "Bad childhood" didn't kill him..(Define what you mean by "bad childhood"),
"not accepting himself" (whatever that means) didn't kill him, and "the media" didn't kill him.

Sorry RX Tone, but I am not willing to justify or explain in this case. A.m. are my uttered feelings and opinion. Thanks for your understanding and for not pushing.

Kazz
June 26th, 2009, 04:39 AM

Maybe so....but do you really think the life he led for the last 20 years was all that great? He became a recluse. Constantly seeking plastic surgery to alter his perception of himself. You have to think that Papa Joe had something to do with the troubled soul that was the King of Pop.

Rx Tone
June 26th, 2009, 04:51 AM
ok...the life he led was the one he chose...Blame anyone you want...
MJ did whatever MJ wanted to, whenever he wanted and to whomever he wanted to...

He made his own choices and doesn't need anyone to make excuses for him.

Amateur psychoanalysis is useless. Look at the ACTIONS of people and the choices they make, regardless of what YOU perceive as their motivation.
"Action" is reality. "Cause" is speculation.

Lev
June 26th, 2009, 05:06 AM
He made his own choices and doesn't need anyone to make excuses for him.

I don't think he necessarily chose his childhood - growing up on the road in the media spotlight with a demanding parent.. I think we are all somewhat of a product of our childhood but I'm not trying to excuse his eccentric/inappropriate behaviour ove the last 15 years, more give some context to it.

I have mixed feelings on this subject today. For me the Michael Jackson that I idolized as a child died in the early nineties, so it's hard to feel too much grief today.

kiteman
June 26th, 2009, 06:54 AM
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2009/06/26/2009062600314.html

Perfect Stranger
June 26th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Poor Farah Fawcett she finally goes and dies and damn if Micheal Jackson doesn't upstage her! She would have been the headline for a week........as it is she didn't last 4 hours. She always did everything at the wrong time.* She quit Charlie's Angels at the wrong time, she got married at the wrong time.* Everything.* She tried so hard to live.

I feel for her....she may not have been an Angel (pun intended) but she didn't ask for her ordeal. I feel no sympathy at all for a child molester! He deserved everything he got and then some. And he asked for it all.....

wingsdad
June 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
With Ed McMahon passing a day before, then the news of Farah Fawcett losing her courageous battle followed just hours later by the announcement from a co-worker who rushed in from another department with "Michael Jackson died!!!", my initial, knee-jerk reaction was thoughtless, heartless and cynical, and I'll bet I wasn't the only fool on earth who shot back:

"Yeah? So, what's the punch line?"

:o

... It was just a heart attack.
A simplistic initial dx for the media to hang a hat on. Discovered in cardiac arrest and not breathing, no pulse, by a staff member who called 911.

:whatever:

We'll see what the autopsy and toxicology tests reveal about what may have caused his body to quit living.

Regardless of any speculation about why or how he evolved into the personna he became over the last 25 or so years of his life on this planet, I couldn't agree more with:

...I feel very sorry for his friends and family, for his fans and for the man himself who never seemed to be happy, who helped a bunch of people, who had his crazy moments, but who was a genious of a musician! ...

... May he rest in peace and find his freedom.

:( Unless one is perfect, one has never sinned against another human or done anyone or anything wrong, what gives anyone the right to barbarically vilify or crucify the man?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5upJ1I_jDY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S5upJ1I_jDY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:cry:

Perfect Stranger
June 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Regardless of any speculation about why or how he evolved into the personna he became over the last 25 or so years of his life on this planet, I couldn't agree more with:

Unless one is perfect, one has never sinned against another human or done anyone or anything wrong, what gives anyone the right to barbarically vilify or crucify the man?

Because...HE WAS A CHILD MOLESTER....I'll even give you "genius" CHILD MOLESTER! I may have sinned plenty in my life.....but I NEVER molested a child. That gives me the right to barbarically vilify him...

sunvalleylaw
June 26th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Please all, the man died. Let us leave it and not debate his life further.

Perfect Stranger
June 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Yes, you're right. I apologize...

Kazz
June 26th, 2009, 08:18 AM

I concur...regardless of what he may or may not have done...respect the fact that he is dead. He left us with a legacy of great music.

ibanezjunkie
June 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM
i feel the need to say these things, as they usually leads to disrespect to Jacko if they arent understood.

1. he was NEVER convicted of paedophillia, the charges were dropped against him due to lack of evidence.

2. He never chose to go white, he had a skin disease which caused white patches on his face and body, he had surgery to make him look normal, but unfortunately they couldn't return his natural skin colour.

2. his nose is NOT removable.

ibanezjunkie
June 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Because...HE WAS A CHILD MOLESTER....I'll even give you "genius" CHILD MOLESTER! I may have sinned plenty in my life.....but I NEVER molested a child. That gives me the right to barbarically vilify him...

the charges were dropped, no evidence he ever did anything wrong at all.

Perfect Stranger
June 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
the charges were dropped, no evidence he ever did anything wrong at all.

:thwap:

duhvoodooman
June 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Since I have edit rights in this subforum, I took care of the offending clause in the above posts.

Enough with the back & forth over MJ's alleged character faults, please. This is an obviously divisive subject. Any more of this thrust & parry and the thread will be deleted.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming....

Jimi75
June 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Since I have edit rights in this subforum, I took care of the offending clause in the above posts.

Enough with the back & forth over MJ's alleged character faults, please. This is an obviously divisive subject. Any more of this thrust & parry and the thread will be deleted.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming....

Thank you DVM! I was highly surprised by the "new" level of disrespect we have reached in this thread.

guitartango
June 26th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Like Elvis and Lennon, both live on through their music. He may be a wacko, but there is only one Jacko !

pes_laul
June 26th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Now I wasn't the biggest fan I can say his music certainly was original at the time.

ted s
June 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Never was a fan and never considered him a musical genius.
He had some crazy times for sure.

TS808
June 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
When I see things like this (Michael Jackson dying), my first thought was the guy was a human trainwreck. I'm not saying that mean-spirited, or sarcastic, or to demean him. My point is, I can't understand what happens sometimes to athletes, movie stars, and musicians where they get a taste of success and slowly but surely self-sabotage their lives, whether through drugs, criminal activity, or some other self-destructive behavior.

I've seen situations like this many times when I was doing clinical work in addictions treatment, working with professional athletes, doctors, lawyers, etc.

I guess it goes to show that certain things like addiction, mental illness, etc., does not discriminate against anyone.

bigG
June 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Never was a fan and never considered him a musical genius.
He had some crazy times for sure.

Agreed...

just strum
June 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Despite opinions and facts, MJ, his life, his accomplishments, and his family will remain in the spotlight in both positive and negative facts and fiction.

Debate on if you like, but it will not lead you anywhere.

Spudman
June 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I was watching CNN until they confirmed Michael's death, which was 01:40h in the night here in Germany. Michael Jackson is the perfect example of how "deadly" the cocktail of social predjudices, a bad childhood, not accepting yourself and of course our "best friend" the media can be. I feel very sorry for his friends and family, for his fans and for the man himself who never seemed to be happy, who helped a bunch of people, who had his crazy moments, but who was a genious of a musician! I think no one of my generation can deny not having been fascinated in the 80's by his music, videos, dancing and live performances. May he rest in peace and find his freedom.

Agreed. :beer:
These kicks a$$!
Vil7KDAgWE0
snihdG1rE0Y
l74Y_p6or00

bigG
June 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I tried to remain out of this one, and should have. But when I saw ted's reply, I had to post.

I felt some sadness when John Lennon died, and the same w George Harrison and Keith Moon and John Entwhistle. I guess it's a personal, subjective thing obviously.

But endless hours upon hours of the death of Michael Jackson coverage on seemingly every TV channel is just a wee bit much. Again, I feel for his family and friends...and fans. But headline it, spend a LITTLE time on it, and let it go. If any fowl play was involved, then headline it again...

My 2 cents.

guitartango
June 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I don't know, but maybe it's better for pop stars to die young(er). Can you image a 70 year old Michael Jackson doing thriller or singing Beat it at Wimbledon. For those who don't know, our Peter Pan of Pop (Cliff Richard) sang Summer holiday in the rain at Wimbledon and continues to make c*** records.

kiteman
June 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
When I see things like this (Michael Jackson dying), my first thought was the guy was a human trainwreck. I'm not saying that mean-spirited, or sarcastic, or to demean him. My point is, I can't understand what happens sometimes to athletes, movie stars, and musicians where they get a taste of success and slowly but surely self-sabotage their lives, whether through drugs, criminal activity, or some other self-destructive behavior.

I've seen situations like this many times when I was doing clinical work in addictions treatment, working with professional athletes, doctors, lawyers, etc.

I guess it goes to show that certain things like addiction, mental illness, etc., does not discriminate against anyone.

It's the freedom with money. That'll do ya.

TS808
June 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM
It's the freedom with money. That'll do ya.

Wise words indeed...with the money comes along many so-called "friends" who really don't have the person's best interest at heart....just along for the ride. Sad indeed.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Wise words indeed...with the money comes along many so-called "friends" who really don't have the person's best interest at heart....just along for the ride. Sad indeed.

and the ride shall continue.

On a positive note: Despite my feelings or views, I always enjoy Smooth Criminal - the song and the video.

I also like Alien Ant Farm's version.

Childbride
June 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
i deeply feel for his children.

Blaze
June 30th, 2009, 06:01 AM
53b4ArjE5tI