PDA

View Full Version : Brent Mason Style Lick!

Robert
June 26th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Here's an advanced one... a country lick inspired by Brent Mason. I decided to not do any verbal instructions, because it's so complicated to explain... I'm afraid I would confuse more with words than without! Hopefully the tab and/or GP5 files will make it doable to learn it. This stuff is hard to play for me, but it sounds cool.

YgJX-92g6W8

bigG
June 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Whoa baby! Now that one's gonna take a little work and alot of time for me! Excellent pickin', Roberto! :bravo: :master:

Time to pull out the Tele! :D

rkwrenn
June 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Good one! Thanks Robert. You're a natural at that. Sounds great.

Cheers,

Bob

Lev
June 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Oh I do love a fast country lick to get my teeth into. Thanks for this one!

sunvalleylaw
June 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
That was great! I like how you did some showing both hands and some focusing on the hands one at a time.

duhvoodooman
June 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Very nicely done! And horrifyingly beyond my meager skills! :eek: :thwap:

Robert
June 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Well, it's darn hard for me too!

Glad you likey.

Another thing, this was the first time I tried recording all the guitars separately onto Garageband, while filming at the same time. I then replaced the video audio with the tracks from Garageband, by manually syncing them together in Final Cut Express. I screwed up a little, because I did many takes before I got it right, and I think one of the tracks aren't quite identical to the video. I kind of lost track of which video clip goes with with track. Oh well, close enough? At least the sound on the video should be top notch! :dude:

sumitomo
June 26th, 2009, 07:16 PM
YEEHAW!!!!!!Sumi:D

Perfect Stranger
June 27th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Most excellent! Thanks... :AOK:

jpfeifer
August 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Robert,

This lick kicks butt! I really like this.

-- Jim

Robert
August 4th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks Jim and everyone else. It has typical Mason style ideas.

bigG
August 4th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Robert, there's some good ol' Albert Lee in there as well, eh! Can't hear chicken pickin' w/o a nod to the king! ;)