PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks!

MichaelE
June 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks but just got around to signing up.

Nice place you have here.

I'm expecting a new Epiphone ES-175 on Tuesday. I hope it lives up to the reviews. Planning a pickup swap too after getting a feel for what it sounds like out of the box.

just strum
June 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Michael, good to see you over here. If you've been lurking, I hope you recognize the nice place that these people have established here.

I think you will like it here and I think the people here will enjoy your contribution.

MichaelE
June 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Hi!

Glad to be here!

Robert
June 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome Michael, what kind of music do you play?

MichaelE
June 27th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Mid- to late '70's and 80's rock and pop. RUSH, Styx, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benetar, Men at Work, Nena, Jimmy Buffet, etc. Pretty wide variety really.

I've got a new jazzbox arriving Tuesday so I'm going to experiment with some jazz. Never played it before so this will be a new thing for me.

Played in a couple of rock bands in the '80's, I had fun and learned a lot. I was playing piano at the time though, I wasn't good enough on the guitar for a band. I filled in on a couple of tunes here and there, but I was mostly behind the keys.

Spudman
June 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Velcome to zee forum. We've got to see pictures of your new guitar when you get it. Okay? :poke:

MichaelE
June 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I sure will.

I can't wait to start the re-finish on my Vendetta too.

evenkeel
June 28th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the group. :beer:

bigG
June 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard, Michael! Let us know how you like that ES-175, man! :beer:

luvmyshiner
June 28th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard Michael!

street music
June 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
WElcome to the fret!

duhvoodooman
June 28th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome to TheFret, Michael! Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to seeing the pix of your new Epi jazz box.... :dude: :rockon:

sunvalleylaw
June 28th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi MichaelE! Welcome!

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Welcome Michael.

MichaelE
June 29th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Michael! Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to seeing the pix of your new Epi jazz box.... :dude: :rockon:

It's now in Des Moines, Iowa according to UPS.

Will be here tomorrow around noon. Can't wait to examine it and then try it out. I sure hope that burst grows on me. I've never really been too fond of that design. I like solid colors mostly.

I would have bought this in a nice wine red if they'd have offered it.

Monkus
June 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Welcome !!!

Perfect Stranger
June 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yo Yo Yo....welcome!

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I'm expecting a new Epiphone ES-175 on Tuesday. I hope it lives up to the reviews. Planning a pickup swap too after getting a feel for what it sounds like out of the box.
Cool beans! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the 175.

I think RoG has one.

Rocket
June 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome.
I bought an old beat up Gibson ES-175 decades ago from a C&W player named Hillbilly Zetta... sounded very thick in a great & non-muddy way but I found it clumsy to play. Tailpiece kept grabbing my meat, (under my forearm.) I ended up trading it for a '78 Custom ES-335TD that I still have.
If you flail like I do, buy an archer's forearm protector.

MichaelE
June 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm sure I'll thrash around on it a bit to see what it's capable of, but I really bought it to learn some smooth jazz with. Jazz is pretty new to me and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

The LP is for the thrashing! :beer:

I'll be sure to post a review.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

ibanezjunkie
July 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
oo Des Moines, home of slipknot.

xD