PDA

View Full Version : Shiner........cool story

oldguy
June 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I like this story. A story for Shiner about Shiner, and another Texas success story. :D :D :D

http://businessonmain.msn.com/?episode=32&source=email&source=msneditorial&gt1=25049

luvmyshiner
June 28th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Very cool story OG! I've always wanted to tour the brewery (and not just because you get free beer on the tour:D ). One of these days when CB and I are down south I'm going to take the Saturday pilgrimage and check it out.

What I really respect about the story is that they controlled the growth when the new owner purchased the brewery, rather than bastardizing the name and cranking out as much of an inferior product as they could. We see to much of that these days.

just strum
June 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I'm going to have to try this beer. My wife is headed out and I'll tell her to check for it.

I also have to order me a hat!!!

evenkeel
June 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
What I really respect about the story is that they controlled the growth when the new owner purchased the brewery, rather than bastardizing the name and cranking out as much of an inferior product as they could. We see to much of that these days.

Agree!!! :bravo:

Good story and good business lesson. Thanks for the post.

just strum
June 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM
My wife was at the store today - no one has heard of Shiner Beer.

Must have to go to a gourmet store.

luvmyshiner
June 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
That's ok Strummy, I'm drinkin' one for you right now!:beer:

Imagine how nervous the town must have been when the brewery was sold. Shiner is basically a one horse town, and the brewery has always been the mainstay of the local economy. Wondering if the new owners were going to shut it down and outsource everything, or if they would continue to respect the tradition and pride that the locals had in their craft. It's nice to see a business respect the wishes of the employees and people they effect.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I had my first Shiner Bock today when I arrived home from work. My wife picked up a six pack and it was waiting for me when I got home. I'm not a beer drinker, but I must say I did enjoy a bottle when I got home.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom (the drawback of beer is starting to come back to me now).

just strum
July 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
To Shiner and the other Shiner :beer:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/002-6.jpg

luvmyshiner
July 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Sniff:cry: , it's soooo beautiful!

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
id rather have the BOSS :rotflmao:

cant beat southern beer eh?

friend of my dad smuggled some shiners back from Texas when he went over.

Rocket
July 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/17904a4fd56790a2e.jpg

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
hows your guitar liking that shiner, Rocket?

is he/she sharing it with the acoustasonic?

:D

luvmyshiner
July 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/17904a4fd56790a2e.jpg

:drool:

I'll let you decide if I'm drooling over the guitar or the beer . . . or both.

Oh crap, I owe Robert another $200 now.:thwap: Hey Bob, just put it on the tab brother!:D

Rocket
July 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
hows your guitar liking that shiner, Rocket?
Finally found a use for that Bigsby arm.

is he/she sharing it with the acoustasonic?
That's a storage room. The SFX II is for gigging... bit much for home use.

Rocket
July 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I'll let you decide if I'm drooling over the guitar or the beer . . . or both.
Heh-heh, that's Geraldo Riviera... will probably be up for grabs before Christmas. Keep it in mind for CB or yourself!

luvmyshiner
July 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Geraldo is lookin' like my guitar Rocket! CB is currently three guitars ahead of me, so it's my turn.

duhvoodooman
July 5th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Very cool story. Haven't seen Shiner in my local beverage center (and they've got a pretty wide selection), but I'm gonna ask about it....