PDA

View Full Version : Meet my new friend.

Spudman
August 14th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I guess he and his wife are splitting up so maybe we can hang out together more often.;)

A complete Black Crowes - Robert Randolph and The Family Band - Drive By Truckers concert review with photo's will follow shortly.

Robert
August 14th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Who is who in this picture?

duhvoodooman
August 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I guess he and his wife are splitting up so maybe we can hang out together more often.;)

A complete Black Crowes - Robert Randolph and The Family Band - Drive By Truckers concert review with photo's will follow shortly.
Watch out, he's pretty messed up. His mom was Mrs. Robinson. :D

Seriously, are he and Kate Hudson splitting up? Damned shame (esp. for him!), if so. I was in love for about two weeks after seeing Almost Famous. World-class cute, that girl....

I almost went to see them at SPAC here a couple of weeks ago, but already had tix for Petty/Allmans, so (in a rare display of fiscal restraint) decided not to go. Ah, well....

duhvoodooman
August 14th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Who is who in this picture?
Spuds is the one with the getting-a-rectal-exam look on his face.....

Spudman
August 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Spuds is the one with the getting-a-rectal-exam look on his face.....

Hey! He's a rock star. Come on! His hands had to be somewhere.

Robert,
It's Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes.

Yes his mom was Mrs. Robinson. That explains so much. Still he's a nice guy. And I'm also happy that Kate is available again. I wouldn't mind a trip down Penny Lane.:cool:

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Very Cool Pic Spud...calling Nelskie...he'll Definitely Wannna Full Report ..tres Cool...6s9l

Spudman
August 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I sent this to Nelskie already. It's the whole Black Crowes band on my 51.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Tickets to a Black Crows Concert $120... Black Crows Drive By Truckers concert hat $89.95... picture taken with rock star and band autographs on guitar....PRICELESS.... YOU ROCK SPUD..... 6S9L

Robert
August 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Wow, that is one cool '51 now!

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Very cool pic Spud! I bet you had a great time with them!

duhvoodooman
August 15th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I guess it's official, Spuds:

Splitsville (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/14/hudson.reut/index.html)
Now remember, I saw her first....

Spudman
August 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Voodoo.
It's rock n roll man. We all get her. You are not allowed to bogart the groupies just their stash.

Tim
August 15th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hmmm. Goldie Hawn as a mother-in-law. I don't know if I could handle it. I would be having some kind of crazy dreams.

Spudman
August 15th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I thought I would add another friend.

This is Jason Isbell the guitarist from The Drive-By Truckers from northern Alabama (my birth state other than fully realized).
He managed to hurt himself pretty good right before this photo and we were in the bathroom cleaning it up a bit before he went on stage. He crashed on the Alpine Slide. The Alpine Slide is a dual concrete luge run down the side of a ski mountain in Jackson Hole Wyoming. You get to ride on sleds with wheels, race and go all out if you want to. That's exactly what Jason did and almost did a Duane Allman. He lost a bunch of flesh and still managed to put on a good show.

duhvoodooman
August 16th, 2006, 05:20 AM
So, speaking of Penny Lane, how long have you been a "band-aide", Spuds? ;) :D

Seriously, I was at a company outing several years back at a ski resort in southern VT and they had one of those slides. We had several people who rubbed off major-league portions of skin by crashing on it. Cement is very unforgiving that way....

Spudman
August 16th, 2006, 07:37 AM
You don't have to tell me. I race bicycles and have hit the asphalt at 30 mph wearing Lycra. No protection there and I lost enough skin to cover a book. It just peels right off. Nasty stuff. It's just fun to go fast though.

As for being a "band aid" I try to help wherever I can.

Speaking of Penny Lane Voodoo, have you been to Strawberry Fields?

tremoloman
August 16th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Spudman,

Nice pics!

Is it me or are the people next to you in each picture stoned out of their minds? They looked as baked as I was back in my "high" school daze... I mean days. :P

Spudman
August 16th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Spudman,

Nice pics!

Is it me or are the people next to you in each picture stoned out of their minds? They looked as baked as I was back in my "high" school daze... I mean days. :P

Dude, It's ROCK N ROLL. What do you think? :cool:

Spudman
August 7th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I spent a little time recently with some more rock stars. These are rather
reclusive so I am glad that I had some time to spend with them.http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Beartooths2007.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Beartooths2007022.jpg

Big_Rob
August 7th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Cool pic Spud!!!

Chris looks baked :p

Spudman
August 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Uh, dude...that's not Chris. It's Billy, and his eyes are kind of lit up now that you mention it. :D

sunvalleylaw
August 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
LOL! Now I am thinking of those goats doing your finger stretching exercises (with their little clipity clopity goat hooves) warming up on the fret board before rocking out up on a ridge! Thunderstorms and lightning in the background as they play headbanger style! :DR

Spudman
August 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM
For some reason or another Billy really digs the music of Pan.:D

DaveO
August 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
So how was the show? I caught DBT last year at a small club here in NC. Kicked *** all night. I gave out long before they did, but hey they get more practice than I do.
Dave

Spudman
August 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I didn't see much of the show but the folks that were there were having a good time. I do remember that the guitarist was a little subdued because he had just crashed on the Alpine Slide and had lost a bunch of skin.

tot_Ou_tard
August 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Cool pics & an interesting story t'boot. I hope our intrepid luger is doing fine (flesh slowly being rebuilt & all).

Speaking of Nelskie, those of you in touch with the Bard of Brown ought'a coax him back here.

I know that there was some tension, but so what, we are all Big Boys.

Warren & I still hang around...:D :) :cool:

Spudman
December 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
This new guy will be hanging around the studio for a while. He came over and said we can't eat potatoes for Christmas dinner. Huh? :confused:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/Spudhead005.jpg

just strum
December 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Does that picture belong here or is it better suited in "the fret players" in the thread that has everyones picture?

Spudman
December 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Does that picture belong here or is it better suited in "the fret players" in the thread that has everyones picture?

He hasn't registered on the forum. Soon as I can get him sober I'll mention it to him.

just strum
December 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hey, this thread started before my time - cool pic of you and Chris.

On the lighter side - Chris looks like a poster child for a rehab center and if that is your guitar face, you might want to contact Brian about guitar face lessons:D

Adrian30
December 25th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Hey, this thread started before my time - cool pic of you and Chris.

Same for me here. A very very cool pic, Spud.:beer: