PDA

View Full Version : what you recon?

ibanezjunkie
July 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
since ive got a pretty versatile distortion set up on my pedalboard, and a celestion loaded cab, would a V33 head be alright? The cleans are reputed as very good, and i wouldnt use its drive channel anyway, because as i said ive got a versatile distortion setup.

so would a V33 head be alright for me?

Robert
July 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Nice clean channel, crappy overdrive channel. If you can find one cheap, why not?

ibanezjunkie
July 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
its the cheapest amp ive looked at so far, been looking at laneys, hiwatts, peavey classics and such, but all are very expensive around here.

TS808
July 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM
its the cheapest amp ive looked at so far, been looking at laneys, hiwatts, peavey classics and such, but all are very expensive around here.

I'd suggest looking for a used Crate V30....USA made before St. Louis Music was bought by Loud Technologies. Or check out a V32 Palomino....both are excellent amps.

ibanezjunkie
July 2nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
others have recommended the old USA amps, all i found was an old VC508 that my friend bought...

never seen a palomino for sale anywhere, only the NAD threads on various forums ive browsed :(

Jimi75
July 3rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Hey IJ,

You've been asking around for amp suggestions for quite a long time right now. It seems to me as if you are either not sure what you exactly want or you lack the dough to buy the amp you really want (the problems everyone of us faces from time to time).

I checked your equipment list and I wonder why you don't sell the stuff to improve your budget. What I would do in your position is sell the stuff, get a cheap VOX or Line6 so that your sound is covered for practicing and rehearsing. Both Line6 and Vox do a decent job! I have played a Line6 Flextone I for years and people asked me how I get the sound! Why should you pay for 2 channels on that V30 when only one channel sounds good? I wouldn't buy a decent looking car wihtout seats ;)

Recommandations are always subjective. You have to go to the shops and play as much amps as possible. It's better to invest your time right now and to come home in 6 months maybe with a great amp.

Considering your posts, you should check the ENGL Screamer. It's a 50watt all tube amp that is available as a head and as a 1x12. You will love this amp. The clean is great and the distortion/overdrive is creamy and can get pretty brutal, too! Buying the ENGL you have a brand that doesn't lose market value as fast as less known or cheaper brands. Think like an investor. You invest in your music and in your future/personal satisfaction. From one of your posts I learned that you would also like to work in the musical branch...my advice....be prepared...equip yourself the best way possible and get over impatience. The day will come when you fire up that one amp that you waited for so long and you will never ever regret!

By the way, check this guy's account. He's a good player and has covered in different videos the versatility of the ENGL Screamer.
pVKuZiFogCQ

:rockon:
:AOK: