PDA

View Full Version : Enthralling Video Interview - Andy Aledort

bigG
July 2nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
I found this on Guitar World's site: A recent video interview w studio rat, sideman (now playing w Dickey Betts' band), instructor, all-around well-known musician...the ultimate "guitar guy"...Andy Aledort.

I've seen many of his tutorials (an expert on Hendrix, and MANY others) and own a couple of his instructional DVDs. This lasts for approx 1/2 hour, broken up into topic segments, from his first days picking up his mother's acoustic guitar onward...includes some valuable instructional tools from a master.

The sequence begins w a nice lesson from Dennis Hodges from Jam-Play - an alternate picking excercise in F#. Well worth a look-see, but if you wanna skip it, or it's not your thing, simply highlight and click on the first segment of the Andy Aledort piece and it will rotate thru all the Aldort interview segments automatically.

Some of it you might identify with (I know I do), some of it might inspire you (it did me), but, whatever the case, it's a must-see for any guitar player. One man's journey from the beginning to the top of the professional guitar player's world:

I give you Andy Aledort, enjoy:

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/andy_aledort_the_guitar_world_interview

G

sumitomo
July 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Great stuff,I have a couple of his DVD's also,man he's so laid back I thought man who is this guy Prince valium,then he started to play and explain things,I can only soak up so much of what he's puttin out,I really like the way he teaches.He's just naturally laid back like the do da man.Sumi:D

marnold
July 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Great stuff,I have a couple of his DVD's also,man he's so laid back I thought man who is this guy Prince valium
Yeah, my first thought is that he has really bad glaucoma, if you get my drift. I've got his Best of Electric Ladyland DVD. The man sure can play. He gives just enough theory behind it to make you realize where Hendrix was coming from as well as good advice on nailing his rhythm patterns.