PDA

View Full Version : Who is MJ's guitarist?

Radioboy950
July 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
In the Michael jackson rehearsal video that's making the rounds today, there's a chick with long blonde hair playing guitar. Anybody know who she is. Just curious. She kinda looked like Orianthi (sp?).

tunghaichuan
July 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
In the Michael jackson rehearsal video that's making the rounds today, there's a chick with long blonde hair playing guitar. Anybody know who she is. Just curious. She kinda looked like Orianthi (sp?).

Jennifer Batten?

Suhnton
July 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
I would be tempted to say Jennifer Batten, but I do recall seeing a video where he made Greg Howe wear a big white wig :thwap:

3WJsqEzZfbw

Spudman
July 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Jenifer Batten played with him for some time and Greg Howe is wearing a blond wig in the video below maybe to look like Jenifer is still in the band? lol

Right now nobody is his guitarist.

Lev
July 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM

Yep her name is indeed Orianthi. It's not Jenifer Batten.

Spudman
July 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM

Where is this video?

just strum
July 2nd, 2009, 05:24 PM
Where is this video?

CNN is playing it. CNN is the closest thing right now to a TV video network - MJ 24/7 for a week now.

Blaze
July 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Here s the chick...

CJ22vUeFmBE

Radioboy950
July 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Rehearsing in LA...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/07/02/ac.cooper.jackson.rehearsal.cnn

Lev
July 3rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Sweet Playing here:

vK9rfCpjOQc

Jimi75
July 3rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
I think we had Orianthi's video posted here some long time ago.
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=3890&highlight=orianthi

Well, I wonder why Jennifer wasn't considered. Still Orianthi doesn't blow me away...

When I saw this awesome rehearsal video (Great MJ performance!!!), I first thought it was Shannon Curfman on guitar!

Kazz
July 3rd, 2009, 04:53 AM
Jimi....I respectfully have to disagree....she may not blow you away...but she does me.....man...she sings like Fiona Apple or Pink....and she plays a mean guitar......influenced by Carlos Santana, Jimi, BB, she has some chops......first its the 7 year old kids...now damn girls.....making me look bad....I better practice more

Radioboy950
July 3rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
first its the 7 year old kids...now damn girls.....making me look bad....I better practice more

Ain't that the truth!
It seems this rising star has caught the attention of a lot of people in the last 24 hours after seeing the vid.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/whos-michael-jacksons-guitarist-meet-orianthi-211781

ibanezjunkie
July 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
the guitar solo in beat it was done by Eddie Van Halen, then a bit later Slash did a collaboration but it ended up pretty rubbish.