PDA

View Full Version : Blues Turnarounds - lick 1

Robert
July 3rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Have at it - I stirred this one up last night after having a few beer. :)

No vocal instructions, but 3 different angles; both hands at same time, left hand only and right hand only. Is this a good lesson or does one of these lessons really NEED vocal instructions? Just wondering what you guys think from a learning perspective.

0qvfDkI8TZo

Monkus
July 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
I think its great, fingers are easy to see, right hand picking clear, it cant get much better and I don't think vocals can improve it much. It lets the sound of the lick breathe.

ibanezjunkie
July 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
looks pretty good to me, takes a little longer, have to watch it through a couple of times but it teaches what its meant'a.

piebaldpython
July 4th, 2009, 11:48 PM
A really good lesson Robert. I think it's great how you show the whole thing at different speeds, then isolate the fretting hand and isolate the picking hand. If one watches it enough times, you can get it.

That being said, having some vocal instructions would greatly add to it too. While a "simple" lesson, it's still easy to miss things. Things like you arpeggiating through successive descending D7 chord shapes and then ending with a descending C7 chord shape. :D

sumitomo
July 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Very nice Robert,I like the different angles and yea no talk is needed.Sumi:D