PDA

View Full Version : Newly finished music room

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 14th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Just finished my music room , i converted a walk in closet in our upstairs area , proud to say i did it all myself ..now maybe i can get a little organized musically , i desperately needed a space to keep my album collection and some of my gear ....actually the room records pretty well with all the wood and hard surfaces ...have to finish the trim and mouldings etc but i could not resist getting some of my shite set up... and showing it off a little ..6S9L

warren0728
August 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM
very nice 6S9L...nice car collection too!

ww

t_ross33
August 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
it that a, a.... BEER I see by your precious Strat :D Awesome space. Wish I had room for that - maybe I can rework my ensuite bathroom, but with 3 pre-teen girls at home, that just ain't gonna happen! :p

Cranium
August 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
What model is that suburst strat? Very nice room, alot more oragnized then mine thats for sure, also you have very nice guitars what are the other models as well?

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Awesome 6s9l! Very tasteful, and I am already checking out where I can get such a nice floor myself :)

Nice collection of car models!

Tim
August 15th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Nice music studio you have there 6S9L. A place you can call your own. A get-a-way from reality. Make sure it locks from the inside. Oh yea. Make a sign to hang on the outside of the door saying, "Recording. Do not disturb".

Now what are those square things on the shelves above you computer? I don't know what they are, but you have a lot of them.

duhvoodooman
August 15th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Wow! It's a Fender Palace! Sweetness!! :DR

warren0728
August 15th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Wow! It's a Fender Palace! Sweetness!! :DR
yep....i think you need a gibson (or two) in there to even things out!

ww

Nelskie
August 15th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Your wife actually allowed you to use walk-in closet space for your own personal jam room? Wow. Really, that sounds like a story for Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Ha ha ha! :D Anyways - it must be great to have a place you can sit down, hook up "Maybe I'm a Leo" on the turntable, and vegetate for awhile. Very cool digs, 69SL!

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Wow, closet space is SOooo off limit to me.. even to my clothes ;)

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys . Warren , cars and guitars make the world go round dont they? Its kinda funny my daughter got married last year and her old room and closet were empty , and after a year i figured shes not coming back so ...I took her room and converted it into a hobby room for my wife thereby clearing the way for the closet to be MINE ,,BRAHHHHAAAA ....as all you married gents know its all in the lobbying... so she green lighted the ..FENDER PALACE (thanks voodoo,)... a months worth of evenings and weekends and its done ..and i still have my gear dungeon in my basement so the guys can come and hang out and jam , too cool ..i am enjoying the new space and have fired up the turntable quite frequently ..love vinyl even with its pops and crackles , and yeah Nelsk Maybe I'm A Leo does sound sweet, even better with some strrawberry incense and a strobe candle ..( anyone know where i can get some vintage blacklight posters)...T-ross as afellow canuck i knew you wouldn't miss the can of molson.lol. I only drank half the other half was for polishing the strat to help preserve that been to the bar smell nice and fresh ..maybe i'll board the whole place up and in 50 years someone can say , " you wont believe what i found in this old guys closet" ...6S9L

Robert
August 15th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Some LP collection, eh? Nice with all that wood in there. I am making a music room for myself too - the wife even wants me to! My own studio....wow it's gonna be fun.

warren0728
August 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
my music room is a little different because it is designed to encourage the kids to play and is not a self contained room....but we spend a lot of time in there!

Nice though to have all my guitars and amps at an arms reach....now i just have to take more advantage of it. My life as a stay at home dad and sole proprietor that works at home is very hectic....i'm thinking i might need to actually schedule specific times to play (which a client could screw up with a "rush" job at many moment).

ww

tremoloman
August 15th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Sweet setup!

Are those LPs in the background in good shape? I miss the vinyl man... I've got a boatload of 8-tracks in tip-top shape. I even have AC/DC's 'Back in Black' still in the wrapper. :)

Tim
August 15th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Its kinda funny my daughter got married last year and her old room and closet were empty , and after a year i figured shes not coming back so ...I

Oh my! Are you disillusioned? They always come back. With husbands and children. You might want to keep at east one corner empty for a temporary crib or stroller. LOL.

On second thought, you might to be able to lock your “Palace” from the outside also. This will keep crawling grandchildren from entering into the new playroom that Grandpa made.

No grandchildren yet you say? Just wait. Them little darlings will be here before you know it. And I will bet a beer or two that you WILL be singing lullabies while strumming on one of those guitars.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 15th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Warren I hear ya .. I had gear scattered all over the place including my basement which i call the gear dungeon .. the problem with the dungeon is that when friends drop over to jam , or write or bench race invariably people are putting on albums or opening cases and during the consumption of beer ..well shite happens.. so some of my more valuable pieces had to be put outta harms way , but i gotta admit its neat to be able to finally have a place and a permanent set up to transfer some of the hundreds of hours of live board tapes that i have to my computer and then to dvd/cd ..yeah Trem most are in excellent shape i have over 3000 albums in total and probably another 1000 or so 45's hundreds of cd's and tons of cassettes and reel to reel tapes , i had to get them organized somehow and archive some of the old band tapes i have , got some real cool early blues albums and some rock-a-billy stuff too , that stuff is getting worth some dough ... Tim I have one grandson who is 6 and he realy digs the old cars and calls my candy apple red strat his ..so i know of what you speak , i hope he likes the new room too he can hang out there anytime ...