PDA

View Full Version : Oh arent we lucky.

ibanezjunkie
July 4th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Bloody England!

As most know, its July, and is the height of summer for us Brits.

its forecast to thunderstorm on monday, and we're forecast mostly rain for the next week or so.

ohh arent us brits so damn lucky.

marnold
July 4th, 2009, 05:54 PM
We could use some of that. Of course as I understand it there was amazingly only a very short period of rain for the entire Wimbledon fortnight. And here they built that fancy roof . . .

stingx
July 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM
We've had the wettest June on record. Damn near rained every single day. Also much cooler than normal for this time of year.

just strum
July 4th, 2009, 06:36 PM
We've had the wettest June on record. Damn near rained every single day. Also much cooler than normal for this time of year.

Same here for the past week or two. Maybe not a record, but wet and definetly much cooler than normal. I don't mind the temp and I guess since rain is life...

Rh0hc9frgT8&feature=related

Spudman
July 4th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Same here. Wettest June on record and here it is hailing and pouring rain of the 4th of July. Go figure.

piebaldpython
July 5th, 2009, 12:01 AM
We went something like 3 weeks straight with at least some RAIN every day. I think we had a foot of rain for the month of June. Sheesh.

However, this is shaping up as the BEST July 4th in years. Low 80's with low humidity. About darn time.

ibanezjunkie
July 5th, 2009, 03:07 AM
well, it was a 'heatwave' for a few days, although i think calling it a heatwave is slightly ambitious, a couple of years ago a heatwave was 36 celcius for about a week non stop, but we had a heatwave warning because it was about 30 celcius for a couple of days.

i think 30 celcius is like 85 farenheit for you US guys?

MichaelE
July 5th, 2009, 04:54 AM
It rained eight hours here yesterday, about 3-4" I believe it was said. Then it rained a little more last night. Most got in their fireworks around the late showers, but it's been a pretty rainy weekend, but cool for July.

I don't mind a bit. It'll probably be 95° next week with dewpoints running in the upper '70's.

kiteman
July 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
well, it was a 'heatwave' for a few days, although i think calling it a heatwave is slightly ambitious, a couple of years ago a heatwave was 36 celcius for about a week non stop, but we had a heatwave warning because it was about 30 celcius for a couple of days.

i think 30 celcius is like 85 farenheit for you US guys?

You don't know what heatwave is mate. It's hitting 103 F here. Probably will get worse.

Tibernius
July 6th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Bloody England!

As most know, its July, and is the height of summer for us Brits.

its forecast to thunderstorm on monday, and we're forecast mostly rain for the next week or so.

ohh arent us brits so damn lucky.

If you want rain try North Wales. Plenty of it here.

Spudman
July 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
We had a powerful storm at 6 pm on the 4th that lasted just around 1 hour. It caused massive damage in the town next to us 12 miles away. Locally we had torrential rain and hail. They got torrential rain and torrential hail and flash flooding.

Read this (photos and video)
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10644620

Inkom
Strong Storms Cause Flash Flooding In Inkom
Posted: July 5, 2009 01:58 PM

By: Ty Brennan

After strong thunderstorms Saturday night, Bannock County has been declared a disaster area.

A severe storm ripped up fences, trampled fields and washed away portions of the road in Inkom.

Kyle Anderson: "I've never seen this in my life, this severe, this fast, this hard in my life."

A thunderstorm ripped through southeast Idaho Saturday afternoon, the small town of Inkom got the brunt of what Mother Nature was dishing out. The storm quickly turned yards into ponds and streets into raging rivers.

Patsy Thurman: "You couldn't see the road at all it was totally crazy."

Kyle Anderson: "We seen furniture, trees, wood, lawn chairs sheds floating down the creek."

For Kyle Anderson, who's lived in Inkom for ten years, he says his house was spared from the flood waters by just a matter of feet. Unfortunately some of his neighbors weren't so lucky with reports of water filling basements waist deep.

Kyle Anderson: "Within about 15 minutes after the hail quit we were flooded."

Agencies, including Idaho State Police, The Bannock County Sheriff's Office and the Inkom Fire Department all assisted in the clean-up, but for long time residents they're still reeling from a fourth of July they won't soon forget.

Kyle Anderson: "You see this kind of flash floods on the news all the time all over the world and you never think it's going to hit you and then it did hit us."

ibanezjunkie
July 6th, 2009, 09:18 AM
jeez, i guess that is one good thing about England.

we have sh!t weather almost constantly, but we dont have many natural disasters, ive never experienced one in my lifetime.

and btw kiteman, thats what i meant, we have like, 3 days or above average heat, and its a 'heatwave' :rotflmao: