PDA

View Full Version : Any Bramhall fans?

TS808
August 14th, 2006, 08:06 PM
This is great. One of my favorite guitarists, and a really cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghXrBBsJq0&mode=related&search=

Spudman
August 14th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I'm a huge Bramhall fan. I really dug The Arch Angels and the stuff he wrote for Stevie Vaughn. The thing that really sold me was his performance with Double Trouble where Johnny Lang, Susan Tedecci and others performed. I though he was brilliant. He must be for Clapton to hire him and record an album with him.

Thanks for the video ts808.

SuperSwede
August 15th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Very nice performance. I havent heard him before. Any tips on what albums/songs to check out with him?

Nelskie
August 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Absolutely! I have the previously mentioned Arc Angels CD, as well as two solo efforts - Jellycream and Welcome. All are fantastic - great guitar work, writing, arrangements, vocals - you name it! Doyle also toured with Roger Waters a few years back on his "In The Flesh: Live" Tour, and really lit it up (this according to Roger!) I'd really like to get a live DVD of that show sometime. ;)

TS808
August 15th, 2006, 06:09 AM
The Arc Angels CD is absolutely amazing as is the Double Trouble CD. With the Arc Angels, the way that Bramhall and Charlie Sexton complimented each other on guitar was just unreal.

Here's some Arc Angels for you all. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfMKHcfh2MQ

It blows me away how Bramhall can play that guitar with it strung upside down. Hell, I can't do that with my guitar strung the correct way! :D

warren0728
August 15th, 2006, 08:21 AM
i haven't really heard much bramhall stuff but i guess i should since i'll be seeing him with clapton October 20th....youtube here i come!

ww

Riley
August 15th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I love Bramhall. His 'Welcome' CD with Smokestacks is sweet. Very talented and toneful player.

-peace
-nate

Spudman
August 15th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Speaking of....Charlie Sexton has a new album out with Shannon McNally called "Southside Sessions." I'm checking it out now.

Justaguyin_nc
September 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I just had the chance to see the Roger Waters "in The Flesh".. Doyle plays the strat in excellent style.. hosting a great looking Red strat with rosewood fretboard without trem.. obtaining some of the Gilmourish sounds, but yet in Doyle Bramhall II style.. great playing.. also to mention is Snowy White on the goldtop LP, making some excellent sounds appear from that LP..... co-existing with Bramhall.. as a team they sound over the top... also to mention... Andy Fairweather-Low follows waters around stage as his backup bass and almost forgot..plays a mean strat with a humbucker at middle and bridge positions... no neck.. strange looking.. and sounding ..Graham Broad replaces Nick Mason on Drums.. Jon Carin takes over the keyboards.. This was a very pleasing DVD to watch.. well worth the time.. Although.. it's still not Pink Floyd... it's five stars..