PDA

View Full Version : cheap live rig ideas.

ibanezjunkie
July 5th, 2009, 04:10 AM
since ive been prowling over money recently, and am in need of a new live rig setupm ive been scowering the internet for cheap ways to set up your live sound, so far, this is the best ive come up with

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/LeadGuitar2009/liverigidea-1.jpg

the VT for its boutiue cleans and amp models, and my blackheart set up and pedalboard for true tube tone, and an EHX switchblade between the two setups. (A/B switch)

what you think?

kiteman
July 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Does your Ibby look like that? It's pretty wicked. :)

ibanezjunkie
July 5th, 2009, 07:18 AM
yeah, but mines the spider web one, thats bio armour.

still cool design though

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg2008/RG420EG_SBK_1P_01.gif

what do you think of the set up?

kiteman
July 5th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Cool! :)

I like the bio armour though. About the setup, it's over my head as I'm always using multi-fxs. From what I can see you a/b to two amps, one clean and one with fxs. Now you have a lead from the vox amp to the vox box, I don't know what that is.

:rockon:

ibanezjunkie
July 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
the lead from the amp to the footswitch is jsut me illustrating that its using the footswitch =]

and yeah, my BH5h is giggable but its not clean, so i thought i could use the boutique clean and the FX to make some interesting clean presets, then use the A/B switch to go back to the FX chain and my BH5H for dirty/driven parts.

kiteman
July 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Now I recognize it, yea it's a foot controller.

I have two amps I play with but it's drums and me. I usually use my BH15/1x12 and my Fender Rumble 25 for drums. Sometimes I switched the amps because I like the sound of the 25 for my guitar. I know it's a bass amp but sounds good with a guitar. :)

ibanezjunkie
July 6th, 2009, 09:25 AM
hmm ive had a new idea.

i forgot about the valvestate head, its old obviously, and some of the pots cut out, but i ordered some electrical contact cleaner, i was thinking pull out the old VS head, clean up its pots (again) and get something like a floor pod for £100 to add some FX and amp models. and get a footswitch for the VS head.