PDA

View Full Version : Jazz band next year

pes_laul
July 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I forgot to say something about it but in our school jazz band the bass player (who is actually the bassist in my band) graduated so I decided to join originally playing guitar but our director really wants me to play bass so he's even buying me one:rockon:

The way I look at: I get to learn how to play the bass better and more about music theory. It's an easy credit doing something I love. And I'm getting a bass out of it:pancake:

bigoldron
July 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a plan to me, Kris. It never hurts to expand your learning. You're well on your way with the guitar (your uploaded music proves that), but learning another instrument and the music theory will make you a more well-rounded musician. Who knows, it might even open more doors for you or even a knew path to grow with.

Good luck to you! I only wish I'd had that opportunity when I was in high school. :AOK: :AOK:

hubberjub
July 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
That's great man. Getting involved in jazz band when I was in school taught me a lot about the instrument that I would have never learned by just studying rock. Learning to walk on the bass is great ear training practice too.

tjcurtin1
July 5th, 2009, 01:02 PM
+1 all the way, Kris! Godd for you for being open to a very different musical experience - have fun!

luvmyshiner
July 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Sweet deal Kris! I learned a lot in Jazz Band (that I've subsequently forgotten, and now I'm having to relearn).:AOK:

just strum
July 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM
When my son was is HS he was in jazz band and really enjoyed it.

Good luck!!!

When you graduate, I'll send you the beer girls.

evenkeel
July 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Very cool. Seems like a win all the way around. :bravo: