PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Austria!

Jimi75
July 5th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hey folks,

Greetings from Austria! I am "locked up" in the middle of the alps and from our hotel window we see the Grossglockner, the highest Austrian mountain with approx. 4000meters. Well it's a nice panorama that we got here, but the 4 hotels shoot at you with action and activities, at least 20 meeting points and everyday you have to subscribe to the activities....that is a big let down. Children and parents are seperated and we think we will not take part in most of the stuff as we want family holidays and not holidays from our kids. BUT the food is excellent in our hotel which has 4+ Michelin Stars. Well, second day today, from tomorrow on we will wander the alps...and then this should be great holidays :-)

I miss Goldie and No1! No kidding! The break from Goldie came to soon.

I'll check in here on the evenings...

Greetz

Jimi75

street music
July 5th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Enjoy JImi, It has been raining since yesterday evening, and just made for a not so good day of watching tv, practicing guitar and eating leftovers. Have fun and we expect pictures when you return home.

luvmyshiner
July 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Jimi . . . have I mentioned I hate you?:thwap:

Sounds beautiful my friend. Hope you are having a great time.

tot_Ou_tard
July 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Very cool Jimi!

Enjoy! Goldie will be waiting for you back at home.

sunvalleylaw
July 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Cool Jimi! My dream euro trip is to do a full Alpen tout including Austria, France and Deutschland, but also Italy and Slovenia.

SuperSwede
July 6th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Enjoy your trip Jimi, they have excellent wienerschnitzels the size of a plate... excellent stuff!

MichaelE
July 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I haven't been to Austria or Germany in over 20 years. Beautiful country. Enjoy your stay and wish I was there.

Jimi75
July 8th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks friends!!!! Indeed the Wiener Schnitzel are huge and delicious. They serve great food here. The cook has 2 Michelin Stars, so it's really great....a taste explosion so to say. I play a tennis match every morning to get rid of the calories :-)

sumitomo
July 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Wow that sounds like a great trip with the family!But take it easy on the food,you have seen the size of the Michelin man.Sumi:D