PDA

View Full Version : John Hiatt Interview

tjcurtin1
July 5th, 2009, 01:15 PM
From back in 2000, but interesting - he claims that he only knows 3 chords...! The article (from Acoustic Guitar) continues on a second page - link is at the bottom of the first page.

http://www.acguitar.com/issues/ag96/feature96.shtml

evenkeel
July 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the post and link. :bravo:

I'm a big Hiatt fan. Seen him a bunch of times, solo and with the Goners. Caught him at the old Bottom Line in NYC, a great show.

Now, about that three chord stuff.....

Robert
July 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Good article, thanks. Fun to read. He surely knows more than 3 chords, that liar! :)

tjcurtin1
July 16th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Most interesting I think is his description of how he goes about writing songs. He writes such great song-stories, I would have been sure that the words came first for him - but no! I would love to see John - I just got two new-to-me cd's: Master of Disaster and Perfectly Good Guitar - they are such amazingly different pieces, but both packed with great songs. 'Guitar' in particular has some killer electric guitar w/ great tone - I don't really know the guitarist on that album, but you can see him playing on the dvd that comes with Hiatt's latest album.

Robert
July 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Both those albums are great. Myra and I play Master of Disaster on all our gigs, great tune. Perfectly Good Guitar is awesome. Very rocky and lots of fuzz guitar on it. It's Michael Ward on guitar there - very cool guitarist!