PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 15th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Welcome to vintage and reissue gear ..this is the place to dip back into time and have a look at all that great gear fom the past , and to discuss current and recent reissues of that old gear . Whats vintage? , generally something needs to be at least 20 years old before it can be called vintage , but vintage really refers to the golden age of guitars and amps 50's and 60's and even some 70's gear , but hey we will keep a loose definition of vintage round here and keep it fun and enlightening for everyone ...6S9L

Tim
August 15th, 2006, 09:31 AM
You do have a nice collection of gear. It is also nice to have a dedicated room to show this stuff off. Be proud of your gear and your Palace.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 16th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks Tim ,I collect because i play ..6S9L

tremoloman
August 22nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
I don't think my Peavey "Classic 50 Power Pack" would be considered vintage just yet, but do any of you know how I can date this head and cabinet? I got it used back in 1992, but I cannot find anything that hints at its true age.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 22nd, 2006, 10:20 AM
Trem , check the manufacturers codes on the speaker frame , and check the codes on the pots in the amp , either pm me or post here and i'll decipher them for you , 6S9L