PDA

View Full Version : Steve Mcnair

piebaldpython
July 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
What a tragedy!!! I used to love to watch him play QB. Damn, what a way to go. I was going to link it to the AOL report but decided not to......if any of you know who McNair was, you probably know the story. If you never heard of him, then it doesn't much matter.

R_of_G
July 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
it is tremendously sad.

the guy was one of the finest athletes to ever play the game and had that super bowl against the rams been 10 seconds longer, he'd have won it all by himself.

rip mr mcnair and thanks for the many great memories

street music
July 6th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Why is it that with all the money , they still can't stick to the woman they married. It must be a boring life or just a something with being a jock to have a nother woman on the side.
It's sad but he paid a high price for what he was playing with.

marnold
July 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I admire him greatly as a player. He always seemed like he played better when he was hurt. The one I feel horrible for here is his wife. How awful.

just strum
July 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Why is it that with all the money , they still can't stick to the woman they married. It must be a boring life or just a something with being a jock to have a nother woman on the side.

This sort of thing knows no monetary value. It's an occurrence that happens at all levels of the economic scale and all walks of life.

I'm sure there are more details to follow.

R_of_G
July 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
This sort of thing knows no monetary value. It's an occurrence that happens at all levels of the economic scale and all walks of life.

I'm sure there are more details to follow.

exactly. we don't know what the story really is here. perhaps the mcnairs' marriage was disintegrating before he got involved with this woman. perhaps not. either way, it's tremendously sad that he lost his life at 35.

piebaldpython
July 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM
It takes two to tango and to have a FUN marriage and if someone isn't adding to the FUN.....that means that the spouse is feeling NEGLECTED.

Women are just as guilty of this as men are. :D I feel sorry for his kids. This could have played out a few different ways and it'll be something to see who they finally pin this on. The wife...........the girlfriend.......the ex-boyfriend of the girlfriend. Oh boy!!

This was THE hot topic around the water cooler in football crazy Philly today.

wingsdad
July 7th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Watching ESPN last nite, as I'd been tuning into it since the story broke on Saturday, I thought it was utterly tasteless and hurtful to Mechelle McNair and McNair's sons, his mother, Lucille, and the rest of his family --regardless of what the state of McNair's marriage was or why he was involved with Kasemi -- that on 'NFL Live' that Trey Wingo interviewed Bob Imacrimedog Holzman, the reporter on the scene in Nashville, and they displayed photos of McNair and Kasemi from the dirtrag website TMZ that broke the Michael Jackson story. And then they play Holzman asking Eddie George at the press conference to comment on McNair/Kasemi. George handled the question deftly, I thought. But he should've gotten off the podium and strangled Holzman.

TV news does it again.:flamemad:

duhvoodooman
July 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
TV news does it again.:flamemad:
I remember when the media focused on reporting the news in an accurate and unbiased manner. Now it seems that most of the effort goes into pandering to our baser instincts. It seems that the only thing that really counts anymore is the advertising revenue, and I guess this crap is what brings it in. Sad, really, and an indication of the moral decay that (IMO) continues to infect American society.... :thwap:

piebaldpython
July 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Well.........the latest headline I read on AOL is that it was a murder/suicide by the girlfriend. Somehow, the cops figured out he was sleeping and she shot him once in the head, then twice in the chest, then once more in the head.
She then shot herself. Supposedly, she was distraught over financial problems she was having.
I feel real bad for the wife and kids.
In my line of work, I have seen the guy get killed by the wife as often as by the girlfriend, which is why I started this thread as I did.