PDA

View Full Version : Human Nature - John Mayer

Lev
July 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I think this needed to be posted, let's not turn this into a MJ or JM bashing thread. I just loved this instrumental working of the MJ classic from John Mayer. Fantastic guitar tone as ever - just needed to be a bit louder in the mix me thinks.

kX2Vb68egWA

Robert
July 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
That sounds very nice. Beautiful arrangement.

Spudman
July 8th, 2009, 08:40 AM
That was nice Lev. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it. I love JM and MJ.:AOK:

Jimi75
July 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, great post, I've seen it live yesterday here in my hotel room. Mayer played at his best. Incredible sound and feeling.

SuperSwede
July 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Excellent stuff.. I dont care what they say about him, if you can handle a strat like that your worth your weight in gold (or beer... mmmm)

vroomery
July 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM
That strat has been aptly named "the black one". They're going to do a limited edition reproduction of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qy3bmDkyOw&feature=channel_page

evenkeel
July 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I watched just a bit of the memorial and got lucky and caught Mayer live. I thought it was wonderful. Soulful, understated, just terrific. A real lesson that sometimes less is best

Very pleased you posted this. Great stuff!!! :bravo: :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
July 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Very nice. Thanks for posting! :AOK: :AOK: Vroomery, that is the one relic type guitar I might have interest in if I found the right price.

helliott
July 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mayer can flat out play, with soul to burn. Anyone else hear his solo at the end of Gravity on the Crossroads DVD?

MAXIFUNK
July 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM
He did a great job as always.

funny thing is I just found about this cat this year Thanks to Palladia HD music channel his live concert was awesome.

just strum
July 8th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I'll have to listen to it again. The first time I saw it I was distracted, but it didn't grab me.

Now there was a blond in a short black print dress doing back-up with another act and also "we are the world" - she definitely got my attention.

I have to hand it to whoever put that together, although it wasn't perfection, it was pretty impressive based on the short time to prepare.

oldguy
July 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Nice post, Lev!
Thanks for sharing that with us. Mayer is talented, for sure!:AOK:

Lev
July 9th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I'll have to listen to it again. The first time I saw it I was distracted, but it didn't grab me.

Now there was a blond in a short black print dress doing back-up with another act and also "we are the world" - she definitely got my attention.

I have to hand it to whoever put that together, although it wasn't perfection, it was pretty impressive based on the short time to prepare.

I think that blond was discussed in this thread: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=12178

She was lined up to do lead guitar for his upcoming tour but did some vocals at the memorial concert.

just strum
July 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I think that blond was discussed in this thread: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=12178

She was lined up to do lead guitar for his upcoming tour but did some vocals at the memorial concert.

Nope, different blond, but I won't garbage up your thread with my sexual fantasies.:D