PDA

View Full Version : Another Monthly Payment Eliminated

just strum
July 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Tomorrow morning the lease company comes to pickup our Toyota Highlander and I am free of a $385 per month payment, plus lower insurance to follow.

Hmm, now what to do with the extra money? Oh crap, one kid in college and one that will be starting in a year - never mind

Robert
July 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Same thing happens to us next month, except it's a Toyota Sienna. Thinking about trading it in for a Prius instead. The 2010 models looks veeeeddy intewesting!

just strum
July 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
We are going the no payment route. My wife is taking my Camry, I'm taking the 93 Camry (I love the car) and we will not have a car payment or lease payment since we got married.

I don't even want to look at new cars - don't want temptation. Besides I have enough temptation with guitars.

piebaldpython
July 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
There is nothing quite like not owing anybody anything other than your "normal" monthly bills........like utilities and phone. Congrats Strum and Robert. :bravo:

street music
July 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
That must be nice nice Strum & Pie, We have kept my wife's 01 Camry now has 69,000 on it and gets 33 MPG, I have my 08 Tacoma and hope to pay it off in a couple more years.

luvmyshiner
July 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Nice Strummy! Congrats my friend. Now think about all those guitars you can buy for $385 a month.:AOK:

sumitomo
July 9th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I have never had a car payment!I have 7 or 8 cars two brand new and a 1965 GMC schoolbus that I lived in for a while and I wont sell it until I pay my house off.But I work on cars their my business,but I like to keep even numbers 8 amphs,8 guitars,8 cars ect.Sumi:D

Algonquin
July 9th, 2009, 08:25 PM
No more car payments... Oh what a feeling :AOK:
Time to celebrate :beer:
Yay4YMyL8U0

SuperSwede
July 10th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Same thing happens to us next month, except it's a Toyota Sienna. Thinking about trading it in for a Prius instead. The 2010 models looks veeeeddy intewesting!

+1

Excellent cars, they seem to have done a lot with the 2010 model.

just strum
July 10th, 2009, 05:58 AM
I have ...a 1965 GMC schoolbus that I lived in for a while

I think I met you at a Grateful Dead concert.

evenkeel
July 10th, 2009, 07:14 PM

FWIW Mrs. Keel and I bought a new Prius in March just before me drove to Annapolis. We've been very happy with the car. We've been averaging a bit over 50 MPG. Does not make sense from a strictly $$ perspective, but we're still pleased with the purchase.