PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Maxwell - United Breaks Guitars

WackyT
July 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Saw this on the 'news' tonight.

From YouTube - United Breaks Guitars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo)

In the spring of 2008, Sons of Maxwell were traveling to Nebraska for a one-week tour and my Taylor guitar was witnessed being thrown by United Airlines baggage handlers in Chicago. I discovered later that the $3500 guitar was severely damaged. They didn't deny the experience occurred but for nine months the various people I communicated with put the responsibility for dealing with the damage on everyone other than themselves and finally said they would do nothing to compensate me for my loss. So I promised the last person to finally say no to compensation (Ms. Irlweg) that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world. United: Song 1 is the first of those songs. United: Song 2 has been written and video production is underway. United: Song 3 is coming. I promise. Follow me at http://twitter.com/DaveCarroll

5YGc4zOqozo

Payback can be a @%*#&!

evenkeel
July 9th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Here is a bit more on the story.

Shame on United Good on the guy for a finding very creative way to fight back. :bravo: :bravo:

http://www.davecarrollmusic.com/story/united-breaks-guitars

I've been lucky. Checked guitars on flights many times with never a problem.

duhvoodooman
July 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Man, what a fabulous job on that video! The guy's a great singer, too, in the country idiom. I gotta believe United is going to rue the day they told this man "No." Good--they deserve what they get....

FrankenFretter
July 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Wow, that sucks! On the bright side, just think about how much revenue United is going to lose because of refusing to reimburse that poor guy for his Taylor. Far more than $3500, I'm sure. And I thought Delta was bad...

birv2
July 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Power to the people!
:dude:

sunvalleylaw
July 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
That was great! I looked for a response and found only that United said the song struck a "chord" with them, and that they were using it in training and were going to contact the band directly. LOL!

Robert
July 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Fantastic! I love this.

Over 1.3 million views in less than 4 days? That's what I call A HIT!

Maybe I should do the same thing to Gibson, who stole my picture from my website? haha! :)

just strum
July 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I am having a running battle with Sears right now - let's see if I could play, sing, write, and had a video camera, I would be set to go.

The United video is showing up on at least one other guitar forum and I'm sure it will spread.

If I do a video on Sears I can can get all the washing machine forums to post it.

ibanezjunkie
July 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM
just cant get enough of that video.

its not even my style of music...but its so damn catchy.

if i was him id have wiped the 'indifferent' expressions clean off and onto the floor =]