PDA

View Full Version : Baha Tele?

helliott
July 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I have a line on a very affordable, brand new Baha Telecaster. It's a MIM, but has a Broadcaster pickup on the bridge and a Twisted Tele on the neck, S1 switching, four position switch. It's in great shape.
Does anyone have experience with this guitar? All the reviews I've found are very positive.

Lev
July 10th, 2009, 01:23 PM
It's part of the Classic Players series (custom shop designed MIM), along with the 60's strat (which I have) and the 50's strat. I recently tried a bunch of tele's at my local music store and this one was head and sholders above any other MIM's. It's easily on a par with the American standard but with extra switching options and a lower price.... It's a no brainer really, you should snap it up. It will be my next guitar if we ever get out of this recession!

ibanezjunkie
July 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM
i hear theyre vey good, heard a guy playing a stock baha in the store the other day (when i went to get my POD) and it sounded pretty awesome, a little less 'spank' in the sound than say a nashville, but a great sound none the less.

SuperSwede
July 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I´ve played the Baja tele when I tried out my new vox amp and MAN what a sweet neck... I dont care much for the 4 way switch but it did sound good (stock)...

helliott
July 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks. Very helpful and in keeping with what else I've heard. I'll need to use it along with the Strat, as I can't see playing Santana and Gary Moore on it, but it'd be great for other stuff. A good tough double stand and an a/b box, and we're off.

Jimi75
July 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM
To me the Baha Tele is the best Tele besides the Vintage 52 in the current Fender program. It's one awesome guitar and if you have a chance to buy it you should definitely do it! I have played it twice in a shop and was only steps away from buying it, but had to keep my money for the Marshall. This guitar is top on my list! It has a very balanced sound and the neck feels great.

helliott
July 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Just spent last night and this morning playing it, various settings, amps etc. It's a killer axe, and this baby's staying in my rack. It has all the basic Tele stuff, plus some extras thanks to the S1 and upgraded pickups. The neck is a nice balance between traditional Tele neck and more like what I'm used to on my strat. Just a real nice all round guitar. Can't wait to add into the band's sound Monday night. Strat for the more rock oriented stuff, and the Baja for that straighter blues pieces. Really happy with this addition to the family.

Duffy
September 3rd, 2010, 01:39 AM
Reading this thread fits in with where I'm at right now.

I'm seriously considering getting a Baja tele. Chance at a great discount and I have heard from a lot of people that it is a great tele.

Obviously some of you guys here have had a lot of experience playing them and can give some real good feedback.

I have a new MIM std telecaster and a Nashville. How does this MIM Baja compare to these two other models. Both of mine sound great but of course different, with the standard MIM sounding really hot and twangy, even ice picky if you push it. The Nashville is toned down from the ice pick tone, but I like the ice pick tone.

I like to listen to Albert Collins, the "Iceman". He plays with a lot of ice pick tone, as you probably know if you like the blues.

The Baja gets a lot of really great reviews so I'm wondering how it compares to my other tele's. Always nice to have a great guitar in your collection.

Feedback appreciated.

Mr Pants
September 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
I've got one and I love it. I swapped out the pickups for Bare Knuckles as the originals had too much treble for my taste, but it's all down to what suits your ears, and the original pickups are far from shabby. It has a big fat old neck which helps it ring out. The only thing that bugs me is why couldn't they have put the scratch plate screws in straight rather than at a slight angle, but that's just my OCD.

MAXIFUNK
September 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
How fat of a neck is it?
I am not a fan of big fat necks and this guitar is in the top 3 of guitars I would buy next time out. But I have not been able to find one I could check out in person yet.

marnold
September 3rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
How fat of a neck is it?
According to Fender's site, it's the "soft V" shaped neck, FWIW.

Mr Pants
September 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
It's certainly fatter than the modern C shape of my Strat plus, more of a D, but not unmanageable. Probably best to check it out before purchase. there is a review on the musicradar website, whihc might help. They rated it highly.

sunvalleylaw
September 4th, 2010, 08:22 AM
So who of you guys has experimented both with the Baja and the CV 50's Squire? Thoughts?

Presto
September 5th, 2010, 11:59 PM
My tele is a baja tele. It was one of the 250 blue ones they made. I love it. I did replace the bridge pickup with a Fralin that I liked better but I absolutely love the neck pickup. The neck is thick but it still feels good to me even though I prefer necks to be more on the thin side.