PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Beck Concert

Blaze
July 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Here s a little comment on the Jeff Beck concert in Quebec City last Night .

First the temperature was ideal ,we had rain & wind for almost a month here ,
so the people were ready for a good Jazz & Rock threat..

After a bad souding and too long first act ,Jeff and his virtuosos band arrived on a warm welcome from the fan s ,mostly musicians and Beck s freaks.

Obviously it was the same soundman ,the sound was badly mixed for half of the concert ,but Jeff and friends gave a solid and nuanced performance..

Vinnie Colaiuta is a mean machine and looks like he is the one who leads and drive everybody..

Tal Wilkenfeld ,on bass, is a revelation everywhere she plays ,we will hear and see her for a long while..

The quiet Jason Rebello on keyboard is so effective delevering all these awesome backgrounds , pad chords & ambience,redoubted ..

Jeff Beck with is tone and own phrasings made me and us completely satisfied and pleased with this unforgettable evening..

No presentation, not a word, just a thank you full of emotion from Jeff at the end of the concert .. He seemed very moved by the reaction and the warm welcome of the Quebec public..

No need to talk when the music is that good..

For me, seeing Beck is a dream come true ..Wow

Highly,Highly and Highly recommended..

Here s a little vid i ve made ..

eQ1AmsElk-Y

aeolian
July 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Jeff is getting cozy with Tal!

I had the good fortune of seeing Jeff Beck around 1981 in concert and it was memorable. I still listen to his music regularly; my favorites are Wired and There And Back.

Every guitar player should try to see him in concert at least once. And that also goes for Tommy Emmanuel.