PDA

View Full Version : what did you guys do today?

ibanezjunkie
July 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
i went to school...learned more about sub-atomic particles (protons, neutrons, electrons) and some stuff about ionic molecules. :poke:

did some more resistant materials coursework, more work on microsoft Excel. Generally the kind of yawn stuff you expect to do at school.

what about you guys?

Kazz
July 10th, 2009, 03:35 PM
worked.....a good friend got fired....came home....getting ready for town wide yard sale....ssdd

MichaelE
July 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Practice, played, ate lunch, took a nap, played some more, just ordered a pizza, payed a little on my next guitar, and now I have another guitar in my lap.

It's tough typing over the bout. :D

sumitomo
July 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Fixed and repaired 4 cars,talked with a bunch of customers setting up jobs for next week,now I am doing some finish tune and checks on my 88 CRX so next weekend I can go tear some asphalt up.This little honda is a handfull,I dyno tuned it and it puts 200 hp to the ground.Talk about a rush!!!!! is it next friday yet?Sumi:D

just strum
July 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Sumi,

You will appreciate this. I did some final tweaks on my 93 Camry, went and got the salvage title removed (had to drive 50 miles without plates) and then got it retitled.

On the way home I took it up to 95 mph on the back road (thankfully no cow or deer came out of the fields). For not being driven for 3 years she can kick some butt. I wish it was a standard shirt to go with the V6, but stuck with an automatic and trans swap is beyond my talent level.

Came home, washed and waxed it and threw on the temp plates.

Getting ready to shower while the Black Heart warms up.

street music
July 10th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Did some posting on my GPS mapping project this morning, did my weekly backup to a external harddrive. Took 4 hours of vacation and gotmy hair cut, came home played guitar for awhile and just kicked back looking forward to having next week off.

pes_laul
July 10th, 2009, 05:47 PM
ha who goes o school :)

kiteman
July 10th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Cruised my neighborhood with google map (street view). :)

Childbride
July 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
woke up at 4 am in austin. cursed out loud.

got up at 5:30, finished packing, checked out of room for cle this week.

checked weather. 3d week of 100+ temps. dante's inferno. if you live in tx, and it's already over 100 in june, you just suck up july, but DREAD august. pray for the fires to be minimal. hydrate.

went to conference.

rode back with boss.

started docket at 1:45, shiner picked me up around 4.

played a bunch with maggie, who hasn't left my side since i got home.

remembered that a dear forum member has a bday coming up, and have to start a thread for him.

had a beer after learning some theory. had another beer. felt sorry for myself for suffering in the heat this week. had one last one.

time to go play guitar, then stomp stomp, then bed.

R_of_G
July 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM
got up way too early

spent the day, as i typically do, with ella rose

had the a/c system cleaned and inspected (it had been leaking and i am not risking 2 seconds of no a/c in florida in july)

read a little (a book in the pop culture and philosophy series, this one about radiohead)

played some guitar (including working out a bit more of an original piece which is slowly but surely taking shape)

watched some tv

spent plenty of time online, which i am still doing

pes_laul
July 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
woke up at like 12:00 and cussed out my alarm clock for being set to PM (yeah self setting my ...) and I missed my chance about calling this chick to hang out :thwap: so I got up and five minutes later I was asked to help take down everything from the yard sale. then I chilled for a bit then me and my dad headed down towards the music store to buy cables for his rig and I played some sweet acoustics. then we went to burger king and headed home and I've just been chilling and playing guitar since then.

ibanezjunkie
July 11th, 2009, 02:42 AM
i take it your off school now then pes :rotflmao:

ive got one more week...then 7 weeks with sod all to do.

i probably wont be going in next week, pretty pointless in perspective.

thekiwidisciple
July 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Got up. Went to give mum a hand doing the groceries. Was apparently not in a great mood, I cracked it at some ignorant clown who was blocking me in the supermarket. Quite a laugh.

Went to give the old man a hand to service one of our trucks, got covered in oil and diesel. I'm clostrophobic, I hate being under the trucks! It was far too windy for that...

Went over to a Luthier's workshop and played a couple of his beautiful instruments while he set my new Warmoth Tele.

Came home. Played the Warmoth Tele (and am still doing it, after about six hours.)

Epic stuff.

ted s
July 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
'nez, you're laying sod for 7 weeks ? that's a lot of grass .:messedup:

ZMAN
July 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Yesterday: Got up around 6:30 and puttered around the Garden for a couple of hours.
Went into my music room and played along to a couple of the new Downloaded rythm tracks from the King of the blues website. Went grocery shopping with my wife and bougt a new Callaway Driver at Golf Town. Went to the range and hit two large buckets of balls in the 85 degree weather, 8 or 10 of the balls actually went straight out of about 160.
Came home and had a couple of beers to hydrate, then ate dinner and chilled on the Patio for a few hours nursing 3 or four Tequila Ceasars. Purely for medicinal purposes, for my sore back and even sorer ego. Damn game I hate it.
Today: Up at 7:00 to get my 68 Camaro ready for a show, heard thunder outside my garage and it was pissing down. Oh well so much for the car show.
Now wasting time on the computer till it blows over. I guess I will head up to the music room. I think I will break out the 335, haven't played her for a long while.

sunvalleylaw
July 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Worked yesterday. Watched some tour this morning with coffee, now going to get into some work on our remodel (staining, painting, etc.) and mow the lawn, and get a bike ride in. I am going for the stage win up Carbonate today. :D, and some disciplined guitar practice will be had today as well.

sumitomo
July 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=just strum]Sumi,

You will appreciate this. I did some final tweaks on my 93 Camry, went and got the salvage title removed (had to drive 50 miles without plates) and then got it retitled.

Way to go Strum,my daily driver is an old 93 Impreza with a plastic egg taped under the gas pedal,gets me to work and back and to the store what else do you need.:AOK: Sumi:D

Jimi75
July 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'm currently on holidays in the mountains. Well, got up, had a brilliant breakfast with exotic fruits, went to the pool, played a tennis match then took the lift up 3000 meters and walked down for two hours. Just came back from the Italian dinner evening and am ready to go for the evening disco or maybe I'll go to the sauna or the wellness zone here in the hotel. :rotflmao:

just strum
July 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Another wax on, wax off day - car #2

Also waiting for the ahole from Sears to show up at 8:00 AM, only to finally arrive at 11:30 AM

ted s
July 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I went to Lee Valley, to learn how to sharpen the blades on my new tractor...
.. http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/1394a590bd06a191.jpg
while there I also picked myself up a Polish Hoe, I hope my wife doesn't mind ;) (my name ends in ski, I just had to get it)
.. http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/1394a590bd08047e.jpg

luvmyshiner
July 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I'm currently on holidays in the mountains. Well, got up, had a brilliant breakfast with exotic fruits, went to the pool, played a tennis match then took the lift up 3000 meters and walked down for two hours. Just came back from the Italian dinner evening and am ready to go for the evening disco or maybe I'll go to the sauna or the wellness zone here in the hotel. :rotflmao:

Jimi, have I mentioned lately that I hate you.:reallymad: Hope you're having a good time my friend.

Mowed the lawn today in 105 degree heat. It took me three hours because I had to come in, cool off and hydrate every thirty minutes. Now I'm chillin' with a grown up beverage, waiting for CB to finish working out so we can watch a few movies. Got a few more things to do around the house tomorrow to get ready for the kids who are coming in next weekend.

Did I mention my son is dating a cougar? He's bringing her in to meet us next weekend. She's only 8 years younger than CB. I just hope she's rich.:AOK:

street music
July 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thewife and I went to get a few items before we head off on vacation next week. I stopped by the guitar shop and met a great guy who works for TAKAMINE and he put me a new set of strings on my Takamine while I tried out a couple of new model that he had brought in to the shop.
We will be heading out to TOPSAIL ISLAND tomorrow-fun in the sun!

marnold
July 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
My wife is having a weekend away with some of her college friends, including my sister. I hope they're behaving and not taking my name in vain too much. In the meanwhilst I'm playing Dad and trying to keep being Pastor at the same time. Think I'll have a DAB.

Ro3b
July 11th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Last night played a show with Maggie Sansone and some friends at Virginia Commonwealth University as part of their "Guitar and Other Strings" concert series. It was as good a gig as I've had lately. Great enthusiastic crowd, excellent hall, absolutely perfect mix. Except for the long dreadful drive from DC in heavy traffic, it was a perfect night.

Today: practice, gym, more practice, reading. And I bought a new dish drainer.

Childbride
July 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
today, while shiner was mowing the yard,

he took a break after doing the front yard. we were in the backyard on the porch,

and maggs starts walking stiff-legged and growling, in a circle.

he retrieves her after i comment on this, and i take her into the house to restrain her while shiner gets an axe

there was a 1.5 foot cottonmouth in the backyard.

a moment ago, after supper, we got a craving for ice cream.

so i went out... three blocks.

it's so darned hot here, it was getting soupy by the time i got back.

won't be playing stomp stomp in the dark tonight. where there's one, there's two.

sunvalleylaw
July 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
So, do cottonmouths taste like chicken? ;-) Yikes!

Childbride
July 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
So, do cottonmouths taste like chicken? ;-) Yikes!

it's in the trash, wouldn't know.

cottonmouths are extremely aggressive, poisonous, and territorial. according to the databank of my childhood lore, the younger, smaller ones are lots more dangerous venom-wise than the larger ones.

one of my most popular 'kimmie stories' involves an incident that happened mother's day weekend, 199[4? 5? i'd have to look]

they give me the skincrawling willies.

i also have an infamous childhood story of my father's regarding the buggers.

Katastrophe
July 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Had to work today, in the humid hell of southeast texas. Came home, changed and took my daughter to Granny and Grandpa's house for a visit, and to borrow their lawn mower for frolicking in the grass tomorrow.

Now I'm typing on TheFret, trying to get caught up on the posts for the week, while watching YouTube videos with my daughter so I can get her to sleep.

sunvalleylaw
July 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
they give me the skincrawling willies.

i also have an infamous childhood story of my father's regarding the buggers. Well, now you have to tell us the story!

We have rattlers (They ARE supposed to taste like chicken, but I haven't tried( in some of the side canyons nearby, but nothing like cottonmouths crawling up in the yard.

deeaa
July 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Wife's in Austria for work, so I'm spending time at the summer cottage with my son.

We went boating to a nearby larger beach and swam and grilled sausages, then had some sauna and fished small fish from the cottage jetty and swam some more. Temps in 80's, very pleasant.

ibanezjunkie
July 12th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Well, now you have to tell us the story!

We have rattlers (They ARE supposed to taste like chicken, but I haven't tried( in some of the side canyons nearby, but nothing like cottonmouths crawling up in the yard.

http://www.gpnc.org/images/jpegs/animals/Cottonmouth.jpg

but wouldnt you love to have one as a pet? i know i would.

they so damn cool, aslong as he lives his entire life in a snake-proof glass box.

luvmyshiner
July 12th, 2009, 07:08 AM
We have quite a few cottonmouths and rattlers in the area Steve, but that's the first time I've ever killed one in my yard. We've had grass snakes and rat snakes in the yard before, but I usually leave them alone because they are harmless and help hold down the rodent population. I'm not sure if it's the heat or the dry summer we've been having, but I don't like having deadly snakes find their way to the house.

sunvalleylaw
July 12th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Wife's in Austria for work, so I'm spending time at the summer cottage with my son.

We went boating to a nearby larger beach and swam and grilled sausages, then had some sauna and fished small fish from the cottage jetty and swam some more. Temps in 80's, very pleasant.

Looks like a nice place for waterskiing. Hit it! :D

Shiner, sorry to hear that. That is not comforting. We get gardner snakes in the yard occasionally, but I would not like it at all if the rattlers started moving in from the canyons out west and east a little south of us to here in town. Tell CB I still want to hear her story.

Kazz
July 12th, 2009, 11:04 AM
CB's stories are always good.

Childbride
July 12th, 2009, 01:30 PM
CB's stories are always good.

:o [thanks, Kazz... :D ]

ok, SVL, but in a separate thread. back in a second. :)

pes_laul
July 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
i take it your off school now then pes :rotflmao:

ive got one more week...then 7 weeks with sod all to do.

i probably wont be going in next week, pretty pointless in perspective.
yuppers. nothing like 3 months off.

ibanezjunkie
July 13th, 2009, 11:02 AM
im off now

so...nothing to do until 7th of september.

shame we lost our practise space, or we could have organised some gigs or something.

bek
July 14th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Took The Test, received NERC certification. Long and annoying process, but had to do it to keep my (power generation) job. Nobody knows what it is or cares, but I had to put it down somewhere. It was hard to do. No rattlesnakes in sight (killed a 42-incher in the back yard last summer; the cat is supposed to keep those things out of here, but he's getting old).