PDA

View Full Version : Quick remedy

pes_laul
July 10th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Allright so my band is hitting the studio sunday and monday. Normally that's awesome but I have a problem, my voice is starting to get all raspy and its starting to hurt to sing. I don't want to let them down so how does one get over this fast?

bigoldron
July 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I've gargled with hydrogen peroxide and water (half and half) and it definitely helps. A good friend, who sings semi-professionally, swears by half peroxide and half Listerene. (I think he's a little "touched" in the head, but he's a MUCH better singer than I am).

If you don't have any hydrogen peroxide (cheap at any drug store), you can try the Listerene "Pre-Brush Whitening Rinse". It's got the peroxide in it and you can gargle with it.

Wait a little while after gargling with this, then gargle with warm, salty water - about 2-3 teaspoons for 8 ounces of warm water. It'll help soothe the throat.

Good luck to you!

just strum
July 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
the salty water will definitely help.

Spudman
July 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Warm, not hot, tea with honey. Got me through a lot of rough nights.

R_of_G
July 10th, 2009, 09:22 PM
as the tom waits fanatic am i not somewhat obligated to suggest smoking many cigarettes?

it seems to have worked for tom.

:thwap:

we now return you to your more serious answers...

pes_laul
July 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm a little wear about the hydrogen peroxide (if thats what I think it is)

But I'm definitely gonna try spud tea and honey idea. but when you say tea like what kind of tea?

BTW I just realized that due to the awesomeness of multi-tracking we can record all the instruments then I'll go back and redo the vocals when I'm up to speed.

hubberjub
July 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Yep. Give your voice a couple of days rest and you'll be as good as new.

vroomery
July 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Make sure you don't add any sugar to the tea other than what is in the honey itself.