PDA

View Full Version : Necks C, V, & U's

MAXIFUNK
July 12th, 2009, 01:48 AM
My Tele and Strat both have the modren C necks.

U & V necks how are they different?
I have read some things on line but would love to hear what you guys think as well.

Best Regards,

Maxi..............

marnold
July 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/BackContours.aspx

I _think_ that the standard would be a C, the Fat would be a U, and the Clapton would be a V.

sunvalleylaw
July 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
My strat is a modern C, and I love it. The Hagstrom has it's own thing going, not one of the above, and I love it too.

Tone2TheBone
July 14th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Good question. My 60s Strat is C shaped and I absolutely love it. It's my fastest neck. The CV Squier Tele is C shaped and again it's awesome. My Classic 50s Strat has a vintage V neck and it's mahvelous with lots of nice feel. The only guitars I've ever played with a totally round U neck were the SRV strat and the old Gibson 56 Gold Top neck. Both were great and beefy. My hands aren't entirely large but I can move between neck types easily. The only difference to me is what's happening on top with the radius of each type. Cs and Us are fast feeling necks but Vs tend to be rounder with the vintage radius. At least that's the way it is on my Classic 50s Strat. It's a bit tougher to play blazing things on a vintage radius neck. The back of it though feels nice in the hand.