PDA

View Full Version : JamMan question

birv2
July 12th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I'm looking into getting one of these.

Does anyone know if the upgrade to a 2Gb media card means you can just buy a generic card? Or is there a proprietary one that Digitech sells?

Thanks,
Bob

oldguy
July 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Generic works fine.......I have a Sandisk in mine.:AOK:

birv2
July 12th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Generic works fine.......I have a Sandisk in mine.:AOK:

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

I'm getting it mainly for practice, so I can lay down some blues tracks and practice soloing over them.

Bob

Robert
July 12th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I use mine that way too, Birv. Here's an example. Actually, my playing really sucks on this one.

dSFyS75hwRU

Here's one with the Whammy too. Squealin' cats all over this one! :D

iHxhvhG9Adg

birv2
July 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I wish my playing sucked like that.

birv2
July 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
OK, I pulled the trigger on one and it's in the mail.

I'd love to hear how people use this for practice. Also, can you lay down a drum track?

And can you share backing tracks?

TIA,
Bob

Robert
July 21st, 2009, 11:12 AM
There are no drum tracks per se in it, but you have a variety of click tracks or just cymbal hits.

You can import any kind of track into the pedal from your computer, via USB. Beware though, the files have to be WAV files and they have to be MONO.

It's fun to play rhythms, loop them and then play leads over. Or just come up with song ideas. Practicing with drum tracks works great too, if you have drum loops you import.

scorona
July 21st, 2009, 08:15 PM
The JamMan is the best practice tool that I have invested in. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it just about every time I practice. I bought the 2gb media card right away. My favorite ways to use it:

- play a chord progression in various keys and then practice soloing, for instance I've been recently learning to solo using maj7, min7 and dom7 arpeggios
- download backing tracks to it and then play along, layering solos over them
- play tunes from my iPod through the aux input and play along

Enjoy, it's load of fun!

birv2
July 22nd, 2009, 03:48 AM
The JamMan is the best practice tool that I have invested in. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it just about every time I practice. I bought the 2gb media card right away. My favorite ways to use it:

- play a chord progression in various keys and then practice soloing, for instance I've been recently learning to solo using maj7, min7 and dom7 arpeggios
- download backing tracks to it and then play along, layering solos over them
- play tunes from my iPod through the aux input and play along

Enjoy, it's load of fun!

Cool! That's exactly what I bought it for and what I hoped I could do. Since I play mostly blues, I found I was having some difficulties playing over chord changes, since I would play the chord itself. In a band/jam situation it's not necessary. So this is like having my own rhythm guitarist, with the added bonus that I can play it back and critique my own playing.