PDA

View Full Version : 10 year anniversary coming up...

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 08:01 AM
My wife and I have our 10 years anniversary soon.
I've also lived in Canada now for 10 years. Amazingly that Canada put up with me so long!

I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for how to celebrate. I am really bad when it comes to ways to celebrate things like these, my wife's birthday, etc...

SuperSwede
July 13th, 2009, 08:05 AM
"Diamonds are a girls best friend"... ;)

MichaelE
July 13th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Congratulations! :beer:

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 08:23 AM
"Diamonds are a girls best friend"... ;)

Hah, did you think running theFret.Net pays that well? :rotflmao:

piebaldpython
July 13th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Congrats......sounds like a perfect excuse to get some new git gear...:D

As to what to do for your darlin' wife.....well, that all depends on the gal....mine happens to like bling (jewelry)....and she has some stunning pieces courtesy of me...:D ...however, she wears her bling ALL the time....so it gets "used" daily and it's not just shoved into a "special occasions" drawer.

Funny sidenote....my wife works in grade school as a teacher's assistant...and the kids comment on her jewelry constantly....the most recurring comment being....."oh, Mrs. PBP, your husband must love you a whole lot for you to have such pretty, sparkly things".

So, jewelry WORKS but you have to go with the gal.....maybe tickets to a show she'd really like to see.....fancy dinner at a place she'd love to eat at....if she's into music, maybe a kick-*** amp of her own. :poke:

And if she's a git player....maybe a special pedal or two she's had her eye on.

Good luck and don't screw this up my friend....wives have LONG memories....but, if you get it RIGHT, then you're "in like Flint". Sorry for the obscure TV show reference from eons ago. :rotflmao:

Spudman
July 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Nothing says " I love having you in my life" like a good pair of running shoes.

Congratulations on the "10 year run."

R_of_G
July 13th, 2009, 09:08 AM
my advice is just do something that the two of you love to do together. what's most important, and what she will remember, is that you spent that time together doing something you both enjoy doing together.

congratulations on the anniversary robert (and mrs. robert) and many many more happy years together.

:bravo:

Blaze
July 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
My wife and I have our 10 years anniversary soon.
I've also lived in Canada now for 10 years. Amazingly that Canada put up with me so long!

I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for how to celebrate.

What about a trip to Sweden :D

Congrats Boss..:bravo:

marnold
July 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'd say that a tractor ride with Shiner would be out of the question.

sumitomo
July 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM
A babysitter for your kids,flowers in the bedroom,bottle of champane,ect,ect,ect.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
July 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
my advice is just do something that the two of you love to do together. what's most important, and what she will remember, is that you spent that time together doing something you both enjoy doing together.

congratulations on the anniversary robert (and mrs. robert) and many many more happy years together.

I like this idea, and when deciding what to do together, and what gift to get, think from her perspective and not yours. For a long time, I bought gifts of things I thought were cool given the things we did together (a lot of outdoors sports) so it was often gear related. Turned out she ended up liking more feminine stuff, and I now try to think of things she wants which are often more home related. Since we have kids, often the best date is to arrange the sitter myself, and allow for time to go on a light hike, (something we both enjoy and don't get enough time to do, esp. with just us) then to some dinner. She likes the sushi place in Hailey, and that is a good bet.

So try to think of what she would want to do with you, and make the sitter arrangements, reservations, etc. yourself. I bet she will like that.

Oh, and congrats!!! :AOK: :AOK:

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys, good suggestions! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
July 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'd say that a tractor ride with Shiner would be out of the question.

Just for you Robert, I would be willing to bring the tractor up and take you and the lady on a nice romantic . . . neked . . . moonlight ride.:AOK:

Try this out, the night I proposed to CB I bought ten dozen roses. When we went out to the car, there were three dozen waiting for her in the seat (the rest were hidden in the trunk). While we were at the restaurant, I snuck out and put three dozen more in the seat for when we came out. We went out for a few drinks and I did the same thing. Then there was another dozen waiting for her when we got home. Shiner was a very happy man that night.:bravo:

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Shiner, good tips! I guess I shouldn't put the roses in the tractor?

luvmyshiner
July 13th, 2009, 07:53 PM
The tractor is meant for neked time dude. Roses have thorns.:messedup:

duhvoodooman
July 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats, RR! Take the little woman out for a nice dinner & night on the town. She's obviously a saint and a bastion of forebearance;) :D !

Childbride
July 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM

ditto. you know her better than anyone, right? women don't want diamonds, they don't want shoes, they want you to understand them on some level, respect them, and share a common experience. that is what she will remember.

i kept every one of those roses, by the way. i dried them, cut the buds, and put them in crystal all around the house. :)