PDA

View Full Version : Texas Special

tiefnig
August 16th, 2006, 02:29 PM
What are the CS Texas Special pickups like? can someone post a soundclip plz?

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Try this link. Good samples of various popular pickups there.

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/webpage.aspx?webpage_id=1

It's been my experience that the CS Texas Specials are a full sounding single coil. Lots of mids. You may or may not like this sound but check out the samples.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I run texas specials in two of my guitars ... a strat and a tele ..personally i love them , like tone said full range with lots of grit and growl , height adjustment is very important , I place them a little lower than usual , but the biggest factor regarding texas specials in my experience has been that they tend to sound dark with rosewood boarded necks , but they are killer with maple , spanky and crisp..i think they are one of the best pickups fender makes ...6S9L

tiefnig
August 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking of putting TS or CS 69 Strat PUs in my MIM strat once I have the ibanez. Which ones would you go for? longer soundsclips would be nice.

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 16th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Does Your Mim Have A Maple Neck? .. The Cs69's Are Very Very Nice , Glassy And Tight Sounding They Would Probably Be More Pleasing With A Rosewood Board As I Already Stated ,,but The Ts Are The Bomb For A Maple Neck...6s9l

Tone2TheBone
August 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
See if you can get Duhvoodooman to make some for you. He bought my set of the Specials, I bet he'd be glad to record longer samples for you.

You're right in that the samples on that link are kinda short but I think they're also not played consistently. The playing seems withheld a bit. It would be nicer to have someone really wail on those samples with more intensity to get the real gist of what they can do.

tiefnig
August 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Yes, thats what I need. I need to know what they are like in "extreme" situations, how they sound if they scream and so on. I'll ask DVM, thanks for the tip.

Plank_Spanker
September 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'm a little late jumping into this thread, but I have a Strat loaded with Texas Specials, rosewood board. It's one of my favorite guitars. I like the extra bit of mids, and the guitar will never be accused of sounding thin. It still has the trademark "Strat spank", and it can really scream when you need it to.

Tinky-Winky
October 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Well, Abigail Ybarra makes the CS69's, sooo.....

Spudman
October 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I just tried a new 2005 MIM Strat with Texas Specials at the music store. I thought it sounded really good. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on those pups but now have my own opinion...really nice.