PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hortons invades New York City!

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Tim Hortons is an insane success in Canada. Timmy's are everywhere, and always packed people, day or night, it seems.

Now, expansion south is coming!

Tim Hortons Inc. has already conquered the Canadian coffee landscape and is now trying to take a bite out of the Big Apple in a high-profile shift into landmark American locations.

Canada's leading coffee and doughnut chain says it's opening 12 new locations in New York City, with some of those spots in key tourist destinations such as Broadway, Times Square, Penn Station and Madison Square Garden.

Source:
http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/13072009/2/biz-finance-coffee-store-chain-tim-hortons-expands-big-apple.html

ted s
July 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Timmies has been in various locations of the US for the past 5-8 years.

marnold
July 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, there's a bunch of them that have sprung up in and around my hometown of Bay City, MI.

Robert
July 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
And now they are coming to the Big Apple. Will it mix?

ted s
July 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I saw in the new tonight that they are occupying a few Starbucks locations that have closed shop.
Tim Hortons became part of the Wendy's machine a few years back, that's when they started popping up south of the border. As it is right now, technically they are a US company. Apparently Wendy's is cutting it loose and they will be Can. again sometime in the future. (At least that's what I read last week)