PDA

View Full Version : One man band!

tpierc01
July 13th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone,

My question to you is concerning accompanyment for a solo acoustic electric guitarist and singer. I occasionally perform solo at parties and get-togethers. Just me with the acoustic electric and an amp. I recently purchased a karaoke system (not with the intentions of doing karaoke, but instead using the system as a PA). This works great! I plug the Mic into one mic channel and the acoustic electric into the second mic channel. I have 1000 watts so power is not a problem.
Now here is the real question. I bought the system with intentions as using the karaoke part for electronic tabs. instead of carrying around a dozen binders with my chords and lyrics, I would use the karoake to display the lyrics as well as play the backing track. Having done this, I would have a perfect system for the solo musician.
What I need now is a resource for this kind of karaoke CDG. I don't want to buy karaoke CDG's with a bunch of junk I don't want. I want to be able to create my own CDG's with my selections. I have found a couple of programs out there that allow you to remove the voice from an M3 or WAV file (which they all do VERY poorly!). An application called "Dart Karoake" seems to do best but still very poor sound quality and clarity after running the voice removal.
I realize that this is not a karaoke system forum, but I think all of you solo performers see where I am going with this.
Any suggestions or personal experience to help me use my system in this manner would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Spudman
July 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I haven't tried this but I am curious to find out how it works and what software works best.

Monkus
July 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I don't know if this is allowed here but if it isnt; I humbly apologise and the mods can delete the post.

My family and extended family are karaoke buffs. At almost every family get together hilarity ensues. I have bought many cdg's from karafun.com and use their free player through a laptop connected to a flat screen tv.. Everything else you need is on piratebay.