PDA

View Full Version : A country type of thang..

333maxwell
July 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
A little country type ditty I just finished (but am still kind of in the process of mixing) with a young lady named Jennifer Pearl.

This one fought me every step of the way.. still is actually..

If anyone has any thoughts on how to clean up this mix would be it would be much appreciated..

Doesn't really sound like it, but there is a LOT going on in this one and they dynamics and trying to get it to work has been a real #&$&~!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676362&songID=7828134

MichaelE
July 13th, 2009, 08:49 PM
You're right. That is a very busy mix. I'd push some of the instruments into the background. The violin or viola or steel started getting on my nerves toward the end. There are so many counter melodies going on it's hard to hear anything.

She has a very sweet pretty voice. I'd pull her out of the mix just a tad and put her up front. The vocal track itself sounds great. The cocaphony of sounds makes it hard to concentrate on her vocal or even pay attention to the lyric.

Give that snare a little mid and back off the sizzle a bit.

333maxwell
July 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM
You're right. That is a very busy mix. I'd push some of the instruments into the background. The violin or viola or steel started getting on my nerves toward the end. There are so many counter melodies going on it's hard to hear anything.

She has a very sweet pretty voice. I'd pull her out of the mix just a tad and put her up front. The vocal track itself sounds great. The cocaphony of sounds makes it hard to concentrate on her vocal or even pay attention to the lyric.

Give that snare a little mid and back off the sizzle a bit.

Thanks Micheal..

The song is mostly busy by intent.. it's my jazz roots kicking in.. *L*

This is why I am having such a hard timne mixing it, because musically so much of it is dependent on the other for continuity flow.. If I merely relegate something to the back of the mix, I end up losing the vibe, if I adjust the tracks up and down in volume, I run into more continuity problems down the road with other tracks..

I can hear it in my head.. but man o man getting it down on paper is another thing.. *L*

I very much appreciate your time and thoughts..

Thanks

piebaldpython
July 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
+1 to what MichaelE said. Less is more.