PDA

View Full Version : No amps pics??

TS808
August 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Love to see people's gear.... Here's my Vox and H & K.

duhvoodooman
August 16th, 2006, 07:56 PM
We can do that! Links to pix of my 3 amps:

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/AD30VT.jpg)

Peavey Delta Blues Front (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/DB_front.jpg) & Top/Side (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/DB_top_back.jpg) (cat not included)

Epiphone Valve Jr. (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/VJr.jpg) (note brightness toggle I added)

TS808
August 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM
We can do that! Links to pix of my 3 amps:

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/AD30VT.jpg)

Peavey Delta Blues Front (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/DB_front.jpg) & Top/Side (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/DB_top_back.jpg) (cat not included)

Epiphone Valve Jr. (http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/VJr.jpg) (note brightness toggle I added)

Nice! The Delta Blues is really a cool amp. How do you like the 15" speaker on that? I've also seen them with 2 10" speakers.

Nelskie
August 17th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Amps, eh? Hey - I got a few of those.

1.) Epiphone Valve Jr. - The modded 5W wunderkind is shown in its most recent playing configuration - running through a Peavey 112E ext. cab with a Eminence 12" Swamp Thang. Frontside, I run either a DigiTech Tone Driver, or the mind-expanding Tonebone Classic. This set-up absolutely kills tone-wise! And LOUD - - whoa!

2.) Peavey Classic 30 / 112E - The C30 was my first-ever tube rig (bought it way back in '95), and I'm glad I held onto it. It features a full set of J & J tubes, and a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. Everything I plug into it sounds great. I was also fortunate enough to find a used 112E ext. cab (listed on a used gear page on the website of a small music shop in upper Mass. - score!) for $175 + shipping. It really rounds out the bottom end of the sound. Swede, I used this photo cuz' I thought you'd enjoy seeing a photo of your old pal - - Mr. Cactus! ;)

3.) Tech 21 Power Engine - I guess I would consider this more of a powered extension cabinet than an amp. But none-the-less, this is what I use to bring those tasty PODxt tones to life - 60W of clean power. You should hear the PODxt's Marshall JCM 800 sim though this rig.

4.) Fender Cyber Twin - aka The Big Kahuna. I've had this amp for a little over a year now, and I'll just have to say that its one of the best I've ever played. Most, if not all of the amp's bank of classic Fender tones are startlingly close tone-wise, and coupled with the amazing response characteristics of the models, it's like walking back in time each time you plug in. With dual 12" Celestion G12-T's and (85) user pre-sets, the fun never ends. Combine all of the amp's modern features with the classic Blackface cosmetics, and you have one dynamite package. These rigs are going for $600 - $700 used on Ebay, and at that price, they're a total steal!

SuperSwede
August 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Mr Cactus! I still cannot believe that you evicted him! ;)

Nelskie, The tech21 seems to be a great way to amplify a amp modeler! The only thing that really sounds good with modelers imho is a solid state poweramp. I have been looking at the Atomic Reactor 112 + the tonelab dock. I must apparently check out the Power engine as well!

Nelskie
August 17th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Mr Cactus! I still cannot believe that you evicted him! ;)

Nelskie, The tech21 seems to be a great way to amplify a amp modeler! The only thing that really sounds good with modelers imho is a solid state poweramp. I have been looking at the Atomic Reactor 112 + the tonelab dock. I must apparently check out the Power engine as well!
You know, I've heard some great things about the Atomic Reactor, too. However, in my situation, it was substantially more expensive, and then you had the tube thing to contend with. The more I thought about it, the more I thought it would be more practical to have an all solid-state set-up for the PODxt. So far, the Tech 21 has worked out wonderfully - it does exactly what it says its supposed to do. All of my PODxt amp models sound fantastic through it - esp. using the various cab settings. ;)

Tone2TheBone
August 17th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Here's my Marshall Jubilee combo. 50 watts switchable to 25 watts. 3-12AX7 preamp tubes (including one 12AX7M - Mullard type), all Groove Tube, and a matched set of Groove Tube EL-34s rated at 4 ("breakup" scale). 2-12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

Heres the Marshall 4x12 "bottom" cabinet loaded with 4-12" Celestion 25 watt Greenbacks.

This is my Peavey Classic 30 with J&J Electronics 12AX7 preamp tubes and a quad set of EL-84s and stock Blue Marvel 12" speaker.

Edited to add my battery powered Marshall (thanks Warren for reminding me)

I didn't have my bass amp pics at work so just imagine a cool SWR Workingman 10 combo photo here. :)

warren0728
August 17th, 2006, 09:01 AM
ok....here are all the amps in the house....

bottom - left to right: peavey classic 20, epi valve jr., vox ad30vt
top - left to right: my sons roland micro cube, Fender Silverface Mini-Twin.

Both the micro-cube and mini-twin can be run on batteries...great for practicing.

pedals - left to right: Earnie Ball Volume Pedal, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Bad Monkey, Behringer Distortion Modeler, Cry Baby Wah.

Nelskie
August 17th, 2006, 10:26 AM
. . . Heres the Marshall 4x12 "bottom" cabinet loaded with 4-12" Celestion 25 watt Greenbacks . . .
You know your 4x12 needs, don't you? Yeah - an Epiphone Valve Jr. head. Swap out those stock tubes for some hot rod numbers, and you're ready to rock! For $99 bones, you positively couldn't go wrong!

BTW - I thought you already had a Epi Valve Jr.? Did you sell it? What I mean is that you wouldn't want to hurt its feelings, and not include its photo with your other amps? :(

6STRINGS 9LIVES
August 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Nice stuff guys ... those peavey classic's look very nice , never played one , whats the deal on them ...i bet the valve jr would sound great through a cab .. whats the ohms/load on that little jewl..

Tone2TheBone
August 17th, 2006, 10:40 AM
You know your 4x12 needs, don't you? Yeah - an Epiphone Valve Jr. head. Swap out those stock tubes for some hot rod numbers, and you're ready to rock! For $99 bones, you positively couldn't go wrong!

BTW - I thought you already had a Epi Valve Jr.? Did you sell it? What I mean is that you wouldn't want to hurt its feelings, and not include its photo with your other amps? :(

I would like to try a Vjr head with the cabinet still yes. I thought I mentioned to you that I traded the Vjr combo for the Cry Baby pedal long time ago? I was within the 30 day return/exchange period through Guitar Center after I got it but I really wanted a CB pedal more than I needed another amp at the time. I knew Epiphone was coming out with a head version soon so I traded it thinking I could always get the head later on when they came out. Then again with the treble boost mod DVM came out with I might even reconsider getting the combo again. I think it would still be neat to have a small Class A amp...but with a nice bright sound with the mod?

el_goodo_maximo
August 17th, 2006, 11:53 PM
My Subway Blues. It just sounds so amazingly sweet. Every day i change the settings I get something new and exciting. The volume knob works wonders with it's tone. Go from Sam and Dave to Big Star style overdrive just with the twist of the volume knob. The amp is a little on the darker side, but I'm sure that has something to do with how I eq my amp and that's just fine with me (STRATS ARE BRIGHT). It will do some interesting things when it's going through pedals however. It actually cleans up a far amount more (that's no good is it!) for some reason. Just a wonderful amp, and if you ever see a subway series used I suggest going for it!!!

Tone2TheBone
August 18th, 2006, 08:28 AM
EGM - What kind of tubes does that baby run on? I've never seen a single volumed Boogie before!

duhvoodooman
August 18th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Nice! The Delta Blues is really a cool amp. How do you like the 15" speaker on that? I've also seen them with 2 10" speakers.
I like the 15" speaker very much. Loads of bottom, as you might expect, but the top end is very articulate, as well. I've never heard the 2x10 version, but that would be a very interesting comparison to make.

The thing about this amp that never ceases to amaze me is how LOUD it is. 30W can blow the glass out of the windows. The volume knob goes from 1 to 12, and I've never had it above 3 in the small room I play in. I'd be bleeding from the ears!

Tone2TheBone
August 18th, 2006, 10:53 PM
......The thing about this amp that never ceases to amaze me is how LOUD it is. 30W can blow the glass out of the windows. The volume knob goes from 1 to 12, and I've never had it above 3 in the small room I play in. I'd be bleeding from the ears!

Either I have a big room or my ears are shot! ;) I normally play the 30 watt Classic at 6 (half volume).

duhvoodooman
August 19th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Either I have a big room or my ears are shot! ;) I normally play the 30 watt Classic at 6 (half volume).
When I say "little", I mean it! My "cave" is just 11'x11', and crammed full of computer and musical equipment, plus other furniture. Hardwood floor and very little in the way of "soft goods" to soak up the sound.

Then again, maybe your ears are shot! ;) :D

P.S. I hope you're satisfied. Looking at your Marshall combo and cab has generated a rather large puddle of drool here on my keyboard. I think sssssssssssssome of the keysssssssss are ssssssssssstarting to sssssssssstick......

oldguy
August 20th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Nice amps, everyone! I always seem to end up posting late (only get home on weekends), but here are mine.:rolleyes:
Traynor Anniversary, Musicman 65 2x12, Lil' Epi w/ his buddies Avatar 2x12 and Hotplate, Traynor 50w bass head, 65 Super Reverb.

SuperSwede
August 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Ooohhh a Musicman :)

(Hey DVM, why dont we have a symbol of drool ? :D )

Tone2TheBone
August 21st, 2006, 09:17 AM
DVM - hahahaha sorry 'bout yer droolin'!

oldguy - Randy, the guy I was in a band with in High School had a Music Man Stack. I wish I could remember the specs on it but it was dang loud boy thats all I remember. He was really into "Heart" at the time and he used to go on about Howard Leese or someone playing one? Maybe, maybe not....my mind as well as my ears are shot as well. :)

SuperSwede
August 21st, 2006, 12:08 PM
Those Music Man twin combo lookalikes sound insanely great!

Plank_Spanker
October 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I love looking at pics of people's gear. :) My contribution:

Germino Club 40. Pure sweetness.........

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/DoubleFatStrat.jpg

Johnson JM250 Millennium:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/DSC01585.jpg

Johnson JM150 Millennium:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/Axepostpic5.jpg

Spudman
October 15th, 2006, 10:10 AM
The Princeton I've had since high school.

The Jr is for house plinking. It runs into the same Celestion 1x12 that the Crate uses.

The Crate is Awesome! Now I use it for almost all my playing which so far is home based but stuff is coming up.

Plank_Spanker
October 15th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Those Crates are pretty cool!

Spudman
October 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM
My other Crate, Classic 30, Classic 20, and HR Deluxe. The Marshall is tucked away in it's road case so maybe she'll come out later.

Riley
October 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
My three amps. AmpTramp BF/Plexi 1x12 tube combo, Marvel 35 60's lapsteel amp modded by a friend, and a Marshall Micro stack lol!

http://riley-music.com/Pics/GuitarGear/HomeStudio/HomeStudio1.JPG

Cranium
October 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
That micro stack is so tiny, what size are the speakers?

Riley
October 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM
That micro stack is so tiny, what size are the speakers?

All of 2.5 inches I believe LOL! It actually sounds like a Marshall when you crank it up LOL! :D