PDA

View Full Version : Lexicon Reverb

analog
July 15th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm thinking of getting a Lexicon reverb unit. Does anyone know if you have to use them in the FX loop or can you put them in the amp input as well? On an amp like a fender with no preamp drive i could see it working. But in my case with a dual rectifier with a lot of preamp gain I'm not sure if it will work?

The reason i cant use the reverb in the loop is because i have a EQ in the loop for a boost. So when the EQ is off the reverb sounds fine but when the EQ is engaged it is like raising the effect level. becomes strong and overbearing.

Robert
July 15th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I have a Lexicon LXP-1 that works good for me in the FX loop of the amp. However, most units have switch that let you set the input level appropriately either for using in front of the amp or in the FX loop.

I would suggest you use your EQ in front of the amp and the reverb in the FX loop, for best sound.

analog
July 15th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Ya, the only problem is if you have a tube amp with preamp overdrive. a EQ in the input will only drive the preamp tubes giving more gain and small volume boost. But in the loop the EQ drives the powertubes directly. Huge volume boost.

Have you ever tried your lxp in front of a amp? i never knew about the option of setting input level. Interesting...

Robert
July 15th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I have not tried it in front of the amp. Read what Kimock says here - http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=500338