PDA

View Full Version : Improvisation solo over a slow ballad BT

Steffe1973
July 16th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hi everybody!
Here´s a new clip were I solo over a ballad style BT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqR8L2yZaW0

Please, give me some pointers!

Steffe

Steffe1973
July 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I understand that my playing is real crappy:whatever: since no one has made a reply.

ibanezjunkie
July 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM
its not bad, its pretty good.

maybe widen your vibrato? to get more of a sweet sound.

marnold
July 19th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Steffe,

Somehow I missed this earlier in the week. I wasn't ignoring you :) I thought you did a pretty nice job of improv. It seemed to have kind of an 80s hard rock ballad feel to it. Futzing with the Corel effects made watching the video a bit difficult, but I understand why you did it from the description. The only constructive criticism I would offer is to make sure you nail the bends so that they are in tune. It's not like your a ton off, but it's just enough to be noticeable. Beyond that, I enjoyed it!

just strum
July 19th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I understand that my playing is real crappy:whatever: since no one has made a reply.

you shouldn't assume a negative.

When I get on the forum, there are times I have 100 or 200 unread posts - I scan real quick and then hit "mark all as read".

It sounded ok, just not my style of blues (too fuzzy).

Algonquin
July 19th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I think you had the tone nailed down Steffe... very fitting for the backing track. Four minutes is a long time for an improve lead riff though, maybe shorten it a bit to help keep it fresh and flowing... otherwise I enjoyed it, as I do with all of you other posts :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

Spudman
July 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Some really nice ideas there Steffe. Keep it up and thanks for posting. You are much braver than I am.

deeaa
July 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM
You're doing pretty well there! Even make that kind of sound work for it fine. (That's pretty much exactly the kind of sound I try to avoid getting w/guitar myself, you know, LesPaul+Mesa type saturated, gainy, thick), but you make it fit pretty nicely! It's a VERY long track, quite impressive that you'd tackle such a task and post it all live. I wouldn't dare...I'd be bound to screw up royally at some point and have to cut&paste.

M29
July 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Nice Steffe very nice indeed. I love the tone, nice chops and phrasing. Cool:rockon:

M

60's guy
July 22nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Steffe,

I thought your video was very cool, but what from I saw....you needed to spend less time looking at the camera.

Redo it. Close your eyes, play, and record it again without looking at that damn camera.;)

That's an awesome backing track that you played to.

Where did you get that backing track?

Care to share it?

I'd like to record something to it myself.

SuperSwede
July 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
A nice recording Steffe! Very warm and fuzzy tone!

Robert
July 25th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Good tone there Steffe. Nice feel in your playing, keep that up!

pes_laul
July 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Dang dude some great melodies in there :AOK:

The only thing I can suggest is try to make your slower lines more legato and in rhythm and like marnold suggested nail the bends.

But all in all great playing dude I enjoyed it :AOK:

jasongins
July 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I thought it was a great job! Can you tell us a bit more about how you recorded this video? How did you sync the audio you recorded in sequel with the video?

GREENMACHINE
September 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Very nice indeed, I love your tone and your phrases.

Excellent job man!

Steffe1973
October 2nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
I thought it was a great job! Can you tell us a bit more about how you recorded this video? How did you sync the audio you recorded in sequel with the video?

H!
I use my Canon HF-100 to record it, and Sequel 2 for the sound.
I use Corel VideoStudio and import the Sequel 2 wav-file and mute
the original sound from the cam. Easy peazy!

Steffe1973
October 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
Steffe,

I thought your video was very cool, but what from I saw....you needed to spend less time looking at the camera.

Redo it. Close your eyes, play, and record it again without looking at that damn camera.;)

That's an awesome backing track that you played to.

Where did you get that backing track?

Care to share it?

I'd like to record something to it myself.

I read you 60´sguy!
I would get more feel in the soloing if I concentrate on
just playing the guitar. I totally agree with you.