PDA

View Full Version : Orange Dual Terror Head Amp

piebaldpython
July 16th, 2009, 08:47 AM
http://news.harmony-central.com/Product-news/Orange-Amplification-Dual-Terror-Amplifier-.html

WOW-O-WOW!!! :AOK: 2 channels; a Tiny Terror channel and a Fat Channel. 30W-15w-7W settings. Holy Toledo!

marnold
July 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cool! Although I noticed that they didn't specify a price . . .

piebaldpython
July 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
$819 For The Head. That's The Same Price As The Tiny Terror Combo. I Wonder If They'll Do A Combo Out Of This One?

Hey Marnold, I Bet Your "thesis" Pedal Would Sound Fabulous With A Tube Amp Like This. :aok:

ibanezjunkie
July 16th, 2009, 11:06 AM
played one in machinehead the other day, the cleans are better on these, its almost like theyve taken the tiny terror and worked out all the wrinkles, then went 'oh the hell with it' and doubled the power.

stays very clean very loud too, and i was comparing it to a screamer 50.

marnold
July 16th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Hey Marnold, I Bet Your "thesis" Pedal Would Sound Fabulous With A Tube Amp Like This. :aok:
That's what I'm afraid of :)

piebaldpython
July 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
played one in machinehead the other day, the cleans are better on these, its almost like theyve taken the tiny terror and worked out all the wrinkles, then went 'oh the hell with it' and doubled the power.
stays very clean very loud too, and i was comparing it to a screamer 50.

I was wondering if the FAT channel would be much cleaner. The only knock on the TT had been that it didn't do very much of a CLEAN. That problem has now been taken care of. :D

As to pedals.....they seem to really come alive with a GOOD tube amp.

ibanezjunkie
July 16th, 2009, 01:20 PM
the Screamer 50 is like £1000 and the Dual terror is about £400.

apart from the difference in tubes (5881s in the ENGL and EL84s in the terror) and the extra 20 watts, the screamer and the DT have some extrememly good sounds, clean and driven.

i found you can get a similar sound to the ENGL from the DT, so id say thats a saving of £600.

piebaldpython
July 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
There are just some really great little tube amp heads out there now:

Orange Tiny Terror and Dual Terror
Vox Night Train and AC4TV
Blackheart Handsome Devil and Little Giant
Mack GEM, HeatSeeker and SkyRaider
Swart 6V6se (8" speaker) and Space Tone Reverb Tweed (12" speaker)
Egnater

ibanezjunkie
July 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
also many good little tube combos

Ibanez Valbee
Peavey Nano
Epi Valve Junior
Peavey Classic 20(discontinued unfortunately)
Peavey Windsor Studio
Bugera V5 (as yet unreleased i think)

and you forgot the Blackstar HT-5 :)