PDA

View Full Version : how about fail.

ibanezjunkie
July 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
http://www.expressmusicstore.co.uk/products.asp?code=74407

read the product name on this strat,

fail.

its Stevie Ray Yaughan now is it?

it actually is quite a tempting bit of gear, doesnt robert use an SX strat?

duhvoodooman
July 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Hey, that's what they call me when I try to play the blues--Stevie Ray Yawn! :D

marnold
July 17th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I thought I remembered an SX like that on Rondo's site at one point.

sunvalleylaw
July 17th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I recall it too. I would like a strat that looks similar to that someday (meaning the sunburst and black guard, maple neck, I don't need SRY on it or the left trem or gold hardware), but I would likely mod it to be my "swiss army knife" strat with splittable humbuckers in the neck and bridge.

marnold
July 17th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Also, to be fair (or accurate anyway) the pickguard actually says SKY not SRY.

ibanezjunkie
July 18th, 2009, 04:31 AM
i just thought it was hilarious, because they said it was SKY, then in the description SRV, then on the pickguard it looked like SRY.

ZMAN
July 18th, 2009, 06:42 AM
The way they did the script, it is obvious that from a distance this guitar looks exactly like the Fender SRV model. Up close it does say SKY. What can you say, just another Asian knock off. A lot of guys use the SX and they love them. For the price. The guitarist for the Fabulous thunderbirds
NIck Curran used one. They are what they are.

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 07:17 AM
The way they did the script, it is obvious that from a distance this guitar looks exactly like the Fender SRV model. Up close it does say SKY. What can you say, just another Asian knock off. A lot of guys use the SX and they love them. For the price. The guitarist for the Fabulous thunderbirds
NIck Curran used one. They are what they are.

+1.
If I wanted an asian knockoff of a Fender copy of the guitar SRV made for himself, it'd be just the ticket.:messedup: :messedup:

ibanezjunkie
July 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
so, its essentially a knockoff of an imitation of a artist made guitar? :rotflmao:

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 08:12 AM
so, its essentially a knockoff of an imitation of a artist made guitar? :rotflmao:
No. It's an imitation of a corporate knockoff of a guitar customized by a great bluesman to suit his needs. He poured his heart and soul into his music, and became famous.

ibanezjunkie
July 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
gotcha.

:)