PDA

View Full Version : Sensorineural hearing loss

Robert
July 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Went to the ear doctor today, and she said I have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensorineural_hearing_loss

My hearing is okay up until 6000 hertz, where I have a significant drop in hearing. Reason for my hearing loss is loud music, but I know from experience, it has a lot to do with standing in front of crash cymbals being hit frantically by a hard hitting rock drummer...:messedup:

MichaelE
July 17th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Isn't that considered a part of loud music?

t_ross33
July 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
only if you consider drummers "musicians" ;)

Just kidding... really

tunghaichuan
July 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
only if you consider drummers "musicians" ;)

Just kidding... really

The same could be said for "guitar players." :rotflmao:

Just sayin'...

tung

bigoldron
July 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
What'd he say??? :rotflmao:

MichaelE
July 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Huh?

bigoldron
July 17th, 2009, 09:35 PM
All kidding aside, I haven't been to the doctor, but I know what you mean about the hearing loss. My high frequency hearing (or lack thereof) seems to get worse every day. Sometimes, it's not that I can't hear something going on, I just can't understand what's being said.

Spudman
July 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Reason for my hearing loss is loud music, but I know from experience, it has a lot to do with standing in front of crash cymbals being hit frantically by a hard hitting rock drummer...:messedup:

Ditto. Combine the crash cymbals with raging loud monitors and cymbals bleeding through the monitors. That's what did me in. I'm not sure which frequencies are diminished but they are mainly in the vocal range. I have a real hard time with peoples voices. If I could get the ringing in my left ear to quit I might be able to hear just a bit better.

Sorry you have loss too Robert. But the good side is...you get to turn it up more so that you can hear it properly.:dude: