PDA

View Full Version : Made it to dixie!!!

mrmudcat
July 18th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Well im in Georgia finally!!! Im home and can die in peace:whatever:

Got a house and high speed but have lots of unpacking to do so ill be on when I can,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope ya guys still want me around and havent forgot a brother!!!:D ...peace &love ..........fo-sho..............MUDCAT

bigG
July 18th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Welcome home, MUD! To both Dixie and the fret! I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I can guarantee you and your MUD-isms have been missed!

Forget MUD? Not likely, brother! You're a stand out personality on here, and Glad To Have Ya Back, brother! :beer: :dude:
The Fret's all the better for your return! :D

just strum
July 18th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Damn dude, I was just wondering about you yesterday. I completely forgot you would be moving. When you talked about it during the winter (remember snow?), it just seemed so far away and now the move has been made.

Glad you are back to where you want to be and I hope all is well.

Now, don't go and die on us, now that you've reached the promise land.

street music
July 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Get rest MUD and then tell us all those stories of the joys of moving.

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Glad you made it back. I know you've been looking forward to it for a while now.:AOK:

bigG
July 18th, 2009, 06:29 AM
(Off topic, but Congrats, oldguy! Noticed you just made it over your 3000th post! :beer: )

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2009, 06:40 AM
CB and I were talking about you a couple of days ago Muddy. Welcome back to the South brother, and welcome back to the fret!:beer:

bigoldron
July 18th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Yep! We're all glad to hear that a Son of the South is back home where he belongs! Welcome back, Muddie!

And, yes, we've missed your posts!

just strum
July 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM
There has always been something about the Southern flag that has always caught my attention.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/bikini_joes-rebel-flag-bikini.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/bikinijoesrebelflagfullbottomb.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/rebel-flag-bikini-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/rebel-flag-bikini20copy-1.jpg

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Yep! We're all glad to hear that a Son of the South is back home where he belongs! Welcome back, Muddie!

And, yes, we've missed your posts!

+1!
Muddy, I forgot to say, I hope when you're unpacked and rested up, that you'll crank those amps to 11 and let 'em know you're home!:D :beer:

piebaldpython
July 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear that you're back home Mud!! But it won't really feel like home until you pull out the SUPRO and lay that big 11 ounce steel bar on her, right? :D

tunghaichuan
July 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Glad you made it home, brother. I don't understand the whole Dixie/Southern thing being a Dirty Yankee and all, but it if works for you, I'm happy for you.:D

tung

just strum
July 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
0vM65VcDxOg&feature=related

bigG
July 18th, 2009, 09:43 AM
That looks like actor Kevin Bacon (and musician: The Bacon Brothers) playing acoustic and doing the harmonies...?

Anyway, great stuff. Look at the crowd, in thrall simply 'cause it's Bobby! If it weren't Bobby, there'd be no crowd...and no video! Duh, G!

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Glad you made it home, brother. I don't understand the whole Dixie/Southern thing being a Dirty Yankee and all, but it if works for you, I'm happy for you.:D

tung

Imagine you're once again a small child. You go out to play, and sometime during the afternoon you wander too far and get lost. Then evening arrives and it's beginning to get dark, and you want to get home, you're feeling a little scared, and alone. You search and search, and finally it's there. You see your home in the distance and run there, oh so happy to be back where you belong.
There 'ya go.:greenguitar: :wave:

bigoldron
July 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Imagine you're once again a small child. You go out to play, and sometime during the afternoon you wander too far and get lost. Then evening arrives and it's beginning to get dark, and you want to get home, you're feeling a little scared, and alone. You search and search, and finally it's there. You see your home in the distance and run there, oh so happy to be back where you belong.

Couldn't have said it better! Tung, we Southerners have a saying that we us on all smart Yankees, it's "Welcome South, Brother!" :D :beer: :bravo:

We're always especially proud when on of our own returns home! :AOK: :smile-us:

marnold
July 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I hear that old times there are not . . . ummm . . . something.

M29
July 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome back Mud yes indeed welcome back:rockon:

M

tunghaichuan
July 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM

That's how I feel about New England. :poke: :D

tung

Childbride
July 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
peace &love ..........fo-sho..............MUDCAT

backatcha, brother... :smile-us: :beer: :D

missed ya.

welcome home, my friend. :D

Robert
July 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Welcome back, Mudcat! Hope all is well.

luvmyshiner
July 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM

tung

I've never been to New England Tung, but I'd love to visit. I hear it's beautiful.

Almost as pretty as Texas.:D :poke:

tunghaichuan
July 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I've never been to New England Tung, but I'd love to visit. I hear it's beautiful.

Almost as pretty as Texas.:D :poke:

You're not wrong about New England. It is beautiful in autumn. In fact I have very fond memories of autumn in Connecticut when I was but a wee lad. The summers and winters pretty much suck there, though :thwap:

I wouldn't know about Texas, never been there. :poke: :D

tung

oldguy
July 18th, 2009, 06:40 PM

tung

Every lucky person feels that about somewhere. A friend once told me "No matter where I go, or how long I'm gone, when I top that hill and see that Nodaway River valley, whether in the morning mist, or late at night w/ the wide open sky and the stars shining, I know I'm almost home".
Glad to hear New England gives you that feeling.:)

evenkeel
July 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Glad you're well and getting settled in. :beer:

mrmudcat
July 18th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks all!!!....New England was nice in the summer(about 2 weeks in August:rotflmao: ).............my ol bones are finally home......and im still trying to get the red clay off my lips from kissing thy holy ground:rockon:

street music
July 19th, 2009, 08:12 PM
KISSING THE RED CLAY!:rotflmao: Now that's funny!
Home is where you pull up a seat and play those strings like there is no other place on earth. I have never been past PA heading towards NEW ENGLAND area, the furthest west I have been is ILL and Miami is the furthest south I have made it. MUDCAT you have covered the ground and still returned home.
I live on the same small farm that I was born on but I love parts of TN and NC and may move to one of them someday.

mrmudcat
July 20th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I agree street:rotflmao:

The new house is located about a half mile from the tiny hospital my oldest chase was born in.(It's a tanner freaking huge med facility now)Our first house (what a mess so long ago) where we raised my oldest Chase in 94-95 and lost a red nose pit name brooozer is also a stone's toss away:beer: My last hot rod a 74 red nova was also traded for a family 4 door back in 94 to haul the first rug rat around:rockon: One boy born in Georgia,one Mississippi,and a damn yankee mudkitty born in Maine:AOK: :thwap:

Monkus
July 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome back Mr Mudcat !!! :)

duhvoodooman
July 20th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Glad you're settled again back home in Dixie. We Yankees didn't really want you up here anyway! :poke: ;)

Now that you're fairly close by, you could take a drive over to Vicksburg MS and see where this used to be along I-20. Too bad it's long since gone. But I guess that would be a little too far to drive for something that's not even there anymore....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2105810923_62358bb0af.jpg

sumitomo
July 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Well alright!Glad you at a place you enjoy! and glad your back here also.Sumi:D

Brian Krashpad
July 20th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Yee-haw! Welcome back son!

Kazz
July 25th, 2009, 06:58 AM
There are a couple small things wrong with this picture...but I would sing old dixie in a minute :-)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/rebel-flag-bikini20copy-1.jpg

bigoldron
July 25th, 2009, 08:04 AM
There are a couple small things wrong with this picture...but I would sing old dixie in a minute :-)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/rebel-flag-bikini20copy-1.jpg

And what specifically is wrong in this picture??? ;) :D

peachhead
July 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hey Muddy, welcome home, man!