PDA

View Full Version : The Robert Cray Band in Brooklyn!!!

NYC Bluesman
July 18th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Finally got to see Robert Cray live last night in Brooklyn's Prospect Park—$3 cover! My wife and I through two hours of downpours to listen to my favorite artist put on a great show.

He started off with "Our Last Time" (from 1992s "I Was Warned) and ended with a track off his upcoming realease "This Time" (August 11, 2009 relase)

http://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Robert-Cray-Band/dp/B002EIJ8IG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247920606&sr=1-1

Twenty-five years of waiting to see him is too long. That won't happen again!!!

bigG
July 18th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Good on ya, NYC! Great guitarist, that Cray guy! What guit and amp did he use? Backing musicians?

NYC Bluesman
July 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Good on ya, NYC! Great guitarist, that Cray guy! What guit and amp did he use? Backing musicians?

RC used three different Rober Cray Signature Strats—he switched guitars for every song—must be slight differences in the setups although I am not familiar with him playing in different tunings. I play a ton of his stuff and I know he uses standard tunings. Not sure of his amp though because I couldn't see it from where I was. I believe it's a Fender amp but other than that not too sure.

It was just his 4-piece band, no backups.

sumitomo
July 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cool,I have had the pleasure of seeing him play over the years of his career.I tend to believe he likes Super's and I have seen them slide a guitar to him across the stage floor as he slid one back to the stage hands(gotta love strats!)I have heard two different reason 1.tone,one sounds different than the other.2.tunning all that bending throws 'em out of wack,gitta nothern.Anyway He's a great player and a great showman also,glad you got to see him.Sumi:D