PDA

View Full Version : Peavey ValveKing Royal 8

Justaguyin_nc
August 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM
With all this talk about low powered Tube amps... I thought I would throw this one in..

July 14, 2006

AUSTIN, Texas (Summer 2006 NAMM exhibit #1746) — Peavey proudly introduces the ValveKing Royal 8, a true class A guitar amplifier designed to give players the punchy dynamics and tones that inspired rock ‘n’ roll’s greatest riffs.

The ValveKing Royal 8 delivers 5 watts into 8 ohms with one EL84 output tube in a single-ended configuration and one 12AX7 preamp tube for high power amp gain with no negative feedback. This single-channel design emphasizes the dynamic relationship of the power-amp components to produce volume and headroom that belies its small size and wattage.

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/210/20061407.cfm

4th quarter 2006... wonder what the pricing will be?

marnold
August 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Man, that could be a sweet little number. So much cool gear, so little cash!

Tone2TheBone
August 18th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmmmm........... :)

oldguy
August 19th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks, Justa! Didn't know about this one. Hmm...
High & low gain inputs · Gain control · Tone control
Are you listening, Epiphone?:cool:
Wonder if Hartley will come out w/ a head only version later?
Maybe w/ reverb added? Peavey always seems to pay attention to what customers want.:)
Glenn

Tinky-Winky
August 19th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Oldguy, epiphone does have a 5W amp with gain and tone controls, the standard.

oldguy
August 19th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I knew they had the Valve Special, but those haven't gotten rave reviews for quality of build or the DSP effects. Never checked one out myself, no Epi dealers nearby. There is a Peavey dealer right down the road. however.:)

Tinky-Winky
August 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Well, though the DSP effects may not be good, I don't see any reason as to why the quality isn't as good as the smaller version.